Would I be nuts to pass on this Hurst/olds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
I happen to find a 86 hurst/olds sitting in a guys back yard. It needs paint due being wasted and having surface rust and some minor work. It has the factory lightening rod shifters as it should. , perfect seats and console. Needs a dash because its cracked. Ttop car solid floors. Still has the hood scoop and rear wing also the wheels. Original motor trans etc condition I didn't ask. Also guy says he has the factory repair manuals for the car. Pretty much the car is all there just needs some tlc. Guy told me $2000 and its a deal. Is it is my ???

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
Sounds like a fair deal, so pictures would help

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
88cscb said:
Sounds like a fair deal, so pictures would help
Yea I meant to take a few but I got busy talking to the owner and forgot to.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
If the car is solid and the Lightning Rods work I would say $2000 is a good price. That being said I would still chew him down as far as I could :mrgreen:

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
$2000 may be a hair on the high side but that really depends on the actual condition. There's no such thing as an 86 Hurst Olds....

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
You cannot pass on chance encounters like that. Strike while the iron is hot. Some of my worst memories are passing on "happenstance" finds for who knows what reason....

Do what you can to get the price down some but it doesnt sound unreasonable - of course we havent seen pics...

worst case you do a little work and flip it for a profit

I say go for it

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
timberice said:
What year is the car? It cant be a 86. But if its a true 83 or 84 then I wold take it in a minute.
Not really sure on the yr I was just saying 86 for some reason never asked the guy to be honest. But it is deft a hurst/olds no mistaking that. I don't know when the hurst/olds was made as far as the years. I do know this has a 8.5 in it that's why I threw out 86 but it could be 84 they had the 8.5 then to I know. Going to go back in a few days and get all details. He also told me its a one owner car.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
At hard times, you can't expect to sell a car for what it's worth nowadays. I had to sell my caprice and lost a ton of money on it. But I had no choice, it had a time limit on the property. So why not wheel and deal? I'm east Indian, so that's my first thought lol. Offer him $1500 cash in hand (or another amount you see fit)... see if he goes for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor