Would I be nuts to pass on this Hurst/olds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
You can'nt go wrong if it's solid. It's worth that in parts. Lighting rods $500 - 8.5 $600-$800 200r trans, wheels, interior, decklid w/wing, hood, doors and thats just the big ticket parts. Lets see what you can get it for!!

JRG53

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2011
Petal, MS
Hmmmmm...... Hurst/Olds, probably an 84 T top, $2000? Just curious, you say it was in his back yard. Is it sitting up or a driver? If it is sitting up the frame rails and ttop area probably have issues. Good floors, t top, seats and console perfect, it sounds to good to be true. The guy has to know what he has and what it is worth. An owner of a H/O is going to know what he has. I'd be skeptical. Is he advertising it or you just happened to drive up and ask about it? And does it have a title. Heck, it could possible be stolen, or heck, it could be legit. Regardless, let us know what you decide or any other info you get.

my86442

Greasemonkey
Jan 31, 2011
Nashua, Iowa
hell id offer him 1700 and see if he takes it but 2000 sounds fair BTW: :worthless:

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
JRG53 said:
Hmmmmm...... Hurst/Olds, probably an 84 T top, $2000? Just curious, you say it was in his back yard. Is it sitting up or a driver? If it is sitting up the frame rails and ttop area probably have issues. Good floors, t top, seats and console perfect, it sounds to good to be true. The guy has to know what he has and what it is worth. An owner of a H/O is going to know what he has. I'd be skeptical. Is he advertising it or you just happened to drive up and ask about it? And does it have a title. Heck, it could possible be stolen, or heck, it could be legit. Regardless, let us know what you decide or any other info you get.
It's been sitting. But I looked under it and all looks very solid. Talking to the guy he knows what he has. But I do know he is not the original owner but car is a one owner car. About 12 yrs ago I stopped about this car but the owner at that time would not come off of it. Car was located in the same town that I again the other day spotted it. I know it's the same car because the guy told me where and how he got it but not for how much. He told me the old man who I talked years ago had passed away and his widow sold it to him. I assume he got it cheap because she probably didn't know its value. Back then paint was a lot better. So as far as being able to run it probably hasn't been started in 12-15yrs not good as we all know. And the current owner doesn't appear to have touched it. Said he bought it for his son who turned around and said he don't want it. He said he is so irritated with his son he would rather see it go to another car guy and give it the life it deserves.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
my86442 said:
hell id offer him 1700 and see if he takes it but 2000 sounds fair BTW: :worthless:
Yes it is. Lol. But I forgot to get them. But I got the ok from the other half to buy it as long as it hers. So if I make up my mind before its to late there will be pics.

JRG53

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2011
Petal, MS
Get it! But if its been sitting up for 12-15 years, be prepared to find a good bit of rust when you start digging. Bring $2000 but I'd ask if that was his absolute bottom dollar. I don't know about asking $1500. People get disrespected by low ballers.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I will buy it tomorrow cash, and have it shipped to Cincy if a true Hurst. Silver = 84, black = 83. It could be a clone, check the vin engine 9 digit

Got a regular first year 81 Cutlass, A first year 85 Canadian 442, and would love to have a Hurst olds to add to the collection.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
tobyp said:
I will buy it tomorrow cash, and have it shipped to Cincy if a true Hurst. Silver = 84, black = 83. It could be a clone, check the vin engine 9 digit

Got a regular first year 81 Cutlass, A first year 85 Canadian 442, and would love to have a Hurst olds to add to the collection.
84. Has silver top black bottom and all the red stripping and badgeing which has seen it day. This is deff the real deal everything a hurst is support to have is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor