Would you buy one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
A Geo Metro passed because at the time the standards weren't as strict.

They get more and more restrictive every year.

Smart cars pass because they have been substantially reinforced, which also makes them very heavy for what they are, which is why they don't get as good of gas mileage as you would think.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
I'm willing to bet the new festive weighs closeto 3000lbs. That's one of the reasons they can only brag about it getting 40mpg, while the older ones were getting better than that 20 years ago. Also look at my 91 Civic I just scrapped, it didn't even weigh a ton, the new ones have 1000lbs of safety bs on them.
As far as the true safety of the new lil cars, I wouldn't want to be in one in a wreck either. But the added weight is coming from them trying to make them safe.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Blake442 said:
A Geo Metro passed because at the time the standards weren't as strict.

They get more and more restrictive every year.

Smart cars pass because they have been substantially reinforced, which also makes them very heavy for what they are, which is why they don't get as good of gas mileage as you would think.

Pretty soon we will all be driving around in a bubble with 4 tires on it..... :blam:

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
regardless, if a smart car can be made safe a restamped camaro can be made safe. with minor modifications and a little wieght gain an old camaro could be made to pass. Remeber I just said to restamp the body so it would appear the same as an old camaro. modern safety modifications would be way cool.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Gm does sell body in white Camaro's with V8's. You can't just go into your local dealership and say you want one though. I'm sure there is a process of some sort, as well as a special vehicle title so you can't drive it on the street. Sort of like the Cobra Jet Mustangs.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Re: Re:

tc1959 said:
1980Gbody said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

now that's bad *ss
is that just a photoshop or are they really thinking about making that
Pontiac is not in business any more folk's

that thread was also started in 2008...

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
M.Bailey said:
if GM is going to "bring back" an older car why not jjust restamp the old bodies put them on a modern chassis with modern engine and interior and sell it. i would sure buy a new camaro if it was externally identical to the 69, and to had an LS engine with modern interior and struts or coilovers. the new camaro looks to much like the new charger and the new charger doesnt really look like the old one. and who the hell came up with a 4 door? the auto makers r trying for this modern muscle BS and missing the picture. big a big engine in a small or mid sized coupe and get er done. for under $30,000

You sir, should be the head of GM.

79malibu350

Master Mechanic
Mar 30, 2010
Phoenyx said:
M.Bailey said:
if GM is going to "bring back" an older car why not jjust restamp the old bodies put them on a modern chassis with modern engine and interior and sell it. i would sure buy a new camaro if it was externally identical to the 69, and to had an LS engine with modern interior and struts or coilovers. the new camaro looks to much like the new charger and the new charger doesnt really look like the old one. and who the hell came up with a 4 door? the auto makers r trying for this modern muscle BS and missing the picture. big a big engine in a small or mid sized coupe and get er done. for under $30,000

You sir, should be the head of GM.

you mean he should be president? cuz i think those titles are one and the same since the bailout. :rofl:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
conceptmonte.jpg

What about one of these??? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor