Wow, is Jegs really slipping that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuckincincy

Apprentice
Sep 26, 2011
Greater Cincinnati area
It's not just the shipping cost with Jeg's any more for me. Ordered a sub-frame from them around the first of Dec because they were the lowest price at the time. A couple of days later the manufacturer lowered their price below Jeg's and everyone else followed, so I asked if they would price match Summit. (Summit had free shipping on top of the lower price.) They must have been using the new fuzzy math because they kept coming up about $80 higher and they wouldn't just refund me the difference between their price and Summit. I finally told them to just cancel the order altogether and told them I would order from Summit.

87_HellCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 22, 2021
The biggest PITA for me and Jegs is their mobile website version and search engine doesn’t exist for iPad users. No search by vehicle available and entering specific search items such as ”LS” plus part description returns varied results with Ford and Dodge parts in the results. If I have a specific part # I can enter that to compare price and in stock result, but lately just been skipping their site all together. Been having decent luck with Summit as well as smaller vendors through Google search. When theirs a free shipping minimum, I try and wait until I have a list of stuff to order unless it’s a gotta have/need it right now. Summit shipping is great, even stuff I’ve been ordering drop ship is coming on time or even earlier than what was quoted on check out

Nov 4, 2012
It's almost like our dollars are worth less or something. Interesting times.
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
We are so spoiled today

Back in '84 I mail-ordered a tunnel ram combo from Summit. Got the intake and linkage in a couple of weeks. 3 months later I got the carbs.

Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Money has a time value, a dollar now is worth more than the same dollar a year from now due to inflation. Moreover, prices have been rising at insane rates recently. Some of the high shipping costs is becsuse of higher fuel prices. However, many vendors even with free shipping can still sock you with handling costs.

The reason Walmat and Amazon have lower shipping costs is because they are large and powerfull enough to dictate what they are willing to pay to their suppliers and service providers, basiclally they can bully their supply chains. Large retailers call the shots in their marketing channels, not the suppliers.

Now smaller vendors lack the power of giant vendors and are more at the mercy of supplier demands in their marketing channels.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
After reading and hearing about tire shortages and knowing that I need a set of tires before mid summer I started looking. Jegs indicated that these will ship from the manufacturer within 24 hours. So after a week of being charged for them and no sign of any shipping details I tracked down Jegs via an online chat session. I was informed that what I underlined is what they are putting on all parts that have no stock despite that they know the manufacturer has none.

I contacted Mickey Thompson today and asked if I had a chance of seeing these by June. The answer was maybe, but doubtful. They said to expect at least 12 weeks.

How's that for customer service? They did say that they have Street S/S in a 275/60R15. I'll probably end up changing my order - I've been told though that the Street R are better and I wanted to try them.

Jegs.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I just bought a set of pistons from summit. Same thing, jegs showed ships in 24 hours from vendor summit showed 5/16/22. What i DID do was have it ordered as a back order to summit. They told me if they have it shipped to them it will take longer but I don’t pay until it gets to summit. If I ordered them shipped direct from wiseco I would be charged today and then have to wait.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
After talking to MT, Jegs and Summit I hit the buy button for another set of tires - 275/60R15 Street S/S’s from Jegs.

I was told by MT and Jegs to not cancel the order until I have tires in hand. That equates to my credit card being charged $1200 for $550 worth of tires. Jegs claimed to have 168 of the Street S/S in stock.

Moral of the story, if you need tires this year - ORDER NOW haha.

I’ll cancel the 1st order when I get the 2nd set. Or maybe I’ll keep the 1st set coming and sell them 10-30% more lol.

Geesh, what a fargin’ bunch of BS

• Wow

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
And FWIW, no more John Force style burnouts!!!

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor