MALIBU WOW Stupid money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Why hell would you LS swap. Run an MSD 6LS box and a Holley throttle body fuel injection system on a 4bbl LS intake. If these are the "high end" parts all your doing is paying for somebody's poor planning. Surley it would have made more sense to get a Terminator X if you didn't want to deal with swapping the factory ECU/ect.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Why hell would you LS swap. Run an MSD 6LS box and a Holley throttle body fuel injection system on a 4bbl LS intake. If these are the "high end" parts all your doing is paying for somebody's poor planning. Surley it would have made more sense to get a Terminator X if you didn't want to deal with swapping the factory ECU/ect.
Doesn't know any better is the reason why.

Run Forrest, run!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
And correct me if I'm wrong but i see Vampire fangs on the bottom of that rear. Did he really leave the 7.5 in there? Should change the rear cover with one that says front toward enemy.
Awww! I hope mine doesn't explode. I guess I should start looking for an 8.5".

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
Awww! I hope mine doesn't explode. I guess I should start looking for an 8.5".
I have a rebuilt 7.5 behind my 403 (for now). Im not saying its going to go kablooey right now but if you drive it hard and launch with sticky tires then yeah its gonna go boom. All debate on whats best and pros and cons aside, someone on here in the for sale section has one all rebuilt for sale. Price seems decent.

Reactions: 1 user

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
I have a rebuilt 7.5 behind my 403 (for now). Im not saying its going to go kablooey right now but if you drive it hard and launch with sticky tires then yeah its gonna go boom. All debate on whats best and pros and cons aside, someone on here in the for sale section has one all rebuilt for sale. Price seems decent.
Thanks... I understand I would need to have my shaft shortened [again] for the 8.5".

EDIT: I can get a new ford 9" or 8.8" for $2k...

Last edited:

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
Was this posted for everyone to nitpick someones build? Deplorable! Ok I'll jump in, the exhaust looks to be pieced together old driveshafts.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Or what about the third brake light riding backseat?!?!
Well duh, how will the driver know if the brake lights work if you can't see them coming on.

frinkiac GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor