MALIBU WOW Stupid money

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxfour2

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2020
Thanks... I understand I would need to have my shaft shortened [again] for the 8.5".

EDIT: I can get a new ford 9" or 8.8" for $2k...
You might want to check on the DS length. It may work. I guess that's for another thread and for someone more well versed than i to answer.
And back to regular programming …..

I wonder if Gateway Classics of St. Louis has ever seen these comments and posts? It would be interesting to see their reaction.

I feel like they have to know they are asking stupid money for these cars but do so cause they know somebody is gonna be like i had that car/i always wanted that car blah blah blah. But then come to think of it if they were the ones that took the pictures on that car or viewed them before posting them you would think someone would have been like "listen were gonna ask 26k for this car you dont by any chance have a can of degreaser you can use? Coincidentally I recently saw a great forum topic about best degreaser. Just a suggestion." lol

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Only a loser of the lowest quality would purchase this car.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Was this posted for everyone to nitpick someones build? Deplorable! Ok I'll jump in, the exhaust looks to be pieced together old driveshafts.
I posted it to show how nuts the "market" is right now.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
My questions is, who is actually buying these “Gateway Classics”?
Gateway is a consigner. Seller wants 20K, so they add their 6K "commission" and there you are.

I'd bet there are pics or video of this car with Forgiato wheels on it somewhere

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
If it had a LS7 in it I could see bigger bucks, but a POS 5.3?

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
I posted it to show how nuts the "market" is right now.

I noticed this last spring the price of gbodys were going up. I then called my car insurance to double the value of my car. They did it after I sent them some new pics.

Reactions: 1 users

JD1964

Master Mechanic
Dec 31, 2014
One look at those wheels and I almost barfed. Definitely not my preference but to each their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor