WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Just took my wife up to Wal-Mart to get some last minute things, and what pulls in but a 86 or 87 Grand National driven by some old goat. I don't think he even locked the doors and went in the store. Pretty nice car and even my wife made a comment about the car being out in this crappy weather w/ plenty of salt on the roads??? Oh well !! HAPPY HOLLIDAYS TO ALL.

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
Wal-Mart...When you gotta go, you gotta go! :rofl:

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Thats how they should be. Driven period i mean thats what cars are for

Ive got buddys who refuse to take the car out the garage unless the temp, humidity, barometric pressure, etc. are absolutely perfect there cant even be a cloud in the sky. And even then its only down the road and back till back in the garage which i think is stupid. Build em to drive i say hell i drive a 400 horse stepside GMC on a daily basis that ive dumped a ton of money into but that dont mean rain, sleet, or snow will stop me. Well snow probably would honestly but you get my point.

As for locking the doors i used to lock mine all the time untill a stereo and subs got stolen and they had to bust out my glass in the process so now i dont even bother if someone wants to be that big of a jackass to steal my stuff i might as well preserve what they dont steal lol

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
^ if they want it bad enough to make a move on camera they will just break your stuff to get in like he said. On camera - then dont lock it. Try buying a 'new' side window from a vendor everyone discontinued them around here about 3 years ago now... Can only buy the windows used!

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
jacobdavis1979 said:
Thats how they should be. Driven period i mean thats what cars are for

Ive got buddys who refuse to take the car out the garage unless the temp, humidity, barometric pressure, etc. are absolutely perfect there cant even be a cloud in the sky. And even then its only down the road and back till back in the garage which i think is stupid. Build em to drive i say hell i drive a 400 horse stepside GMC on a daily basis that ive dumped a ton of money into but that dont mean rain, sleet, or snow will stop me. Well snow probably would honestly but you get my point.

As for locking the doors i used to lock mine all the time untill a stereo and subs got stolen and they had to bust out my glass in the process so now i dont even bother if someone wants to be that big of a jackass to steal my stuff i might as well preserve what they dont steal lol

I know some guys with this same mentality and they drive rusted out junk because of it......You cant fix STUPID.....LOL. Drive your G body one year in a Michigan winter like we had last year and you'll see what happens. I understand your point and some cars are meant to be used as salt pushers (jelly bean import cars) but really? Drive an 86' Grand National in the salt? In the old guys defense, there is very little snow and salt on the road right now in lower Michigan which is a good thing.....

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I don't drive my G in salt either, it is very nasty stuff that not only eats sheet metal, but rots brake lines and tires. Hell it even breaks asphalt down and rusts out rebar in overpasses. But all in the name so people can still speed in icy weather. Cars did not used to rust so badly until the 1950s when they started to salt roads. Salt is much much worse than water and it sticks to stuff so it can cause damage even in the summer time. You have to wash it off with mild acid, then wash the acid off, just a mess.

My guess is the old guy figures he doesn't have much time left so he doesn't care if his GN outlasts him or not.

Dburger

G-Body Guru
Jun 1, 2012
Anubis said:
jacobdavis1979 said:
I understand your point and some cars are meant to be used as salt pushers (jelly bean import cars) but really?

I'd still be hitting the self serve car wash and getting that salt off. A car may be a winter beater, but it isn't disposable IMO.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Wash the salt off to minimize the damage. They test how long anti-rust coatings last by using salt spray.

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
I drive the dog sh*t out of my 442 . thats why I got it . And who cares about locking a car. A thief is a Theif he will get it weather its locked or unlocked. Thumbs up to that driver , drive the sh*t out of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Csilvy2000

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2012
Texarkana, AR
Drive 'em fellas! Anything that wears out is a perfect excuse to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor