Wrong carpet color

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
The 85-88 Dark Claret code 79 is the darkest burgundy I've ever seen for G-bodies. As described, it's different than the earlier version of the same code 79. It's that purplish hue that I'm not a big fan of, but I didn't design it. Honestly, to me it looks too dark at night. But on the other hand, it looks more high-end than the run of the mill blue/black/gray/tan interiors in the daylight. An acquired taste for many.
I chose that color for the interior because it was the darkest burgandy color. Mechanics and light colors don't mix. Lol

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
The 85-88 Dark Claret code 79 is the darkest burgundy I've ever seen for G-bodies. As described, it's different than the earlier version of the same code 79. It's that purplish hue that I'm not a big fan of, but I didn't design it. Honestly, to me it looks too dark at night. But on the other hand, it looks more high-end than the run of the mill blue/black/gray/tan interiors in the daylight. An acquired taste for many.
I have a 79 passenger kick panel in dark claret in the car now, and to me it matches the 87 door panels. In certain light the door panel does give off the purple hue. There are so many red colors throughout the G bodies production.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Many years ago I stripped out a rusty 79 Lemans. It had the color interior you described. I was going to ask you if that was the same as the late 80's color.

I have a 79 passenger kick panel in dark claret in the car now, and to me it matches the 87 door panels. In certain light the door panel does give off the purple hue. There are so many red colors throughout the G bodies production.
The '80 & '85-'88 are different shades.

Now there was just five shades of red with only one being reused after it was replaced. As I noted earlier the reds run '78-'79, '80, '81 & '83-'84, '82, '85-'87/'88.

Reactions: 1 user

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
The '80 & '85-'88 are different shades.

Now there was just five shades of red with only one being reused after it was replaced. As I noted earlier the reds run '78-'79, '80, '81 & '83-'84, '82, '85-'87/'88.
Thanks so much for joining in on this topic. I appreciate your input as well as sweet johnnys. Might be a topic to put together with pics? I have the 79, 87 and 81. After much deliberation I compared the cost of dye vs buying lower door panel carpet. Same price.
I have decided to get the door panel carpet as it will have the same color as well as texture.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor