Yard Find: 442 '86

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
I did not have time to go up into the yard, but one of workers told me that he saved a decent 442 in the back of the place (just north of Pittsburgh, PA).

Recommend moving quick if interested, since they seem crush happy....

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
go get the rearend!!

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wish i wasn't so far away that would be cool to have

UnclesCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2007
Northern Cambria, PA
thebaron said:
I did not have time to go up into the yard, but one of workers told me that he saved a decent 442 in the back of the place (just north of Pittsburgh, PA).

Recommend moving quick if interested, since they seem crush happy....

Where is it at I am near Indiana PA, if your not looking to go buy anything off of it.

Rob

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
It is located off Rte 28 --East Deer, the exit right before New Ken coming from Pittsburgh. Take a left at the bottom of the exit and make the next left up the hill.

continue travel across narrow bridge until you see concrete road on the right going up a hill, 'Yard is at the top.

UnclesCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2007
Northern Cambria, PA
do you have a name and number for the place? I want to check on the rear and seats if they are nice.

Thanks
Rob

thebaron

Apprentice
Jul 11, 2006
Not really, I found the place by accident and follow a truck full of cars back to their place on my way to Millerstown Pull apart. The car would make a good project car from the guy's description and it would be a shame to pull it apart.

Why would the rear end by any good if no one saves it?

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
the rearend should be an 8.5. they only came in 84-up turbo regals and hurst/442 cuttys. MUCH stronger than the 7.5 all our cars came with and they usually sell for $500+for a non-posi, posi rears with bring around $800 :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor