yo yo

Status
Not open for further replies.

punissher_racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Iowa
hey everyone, another new guy here. My car is a `82 Monte. Its definetly a project but will soon be underway here soon. It will be a frame off project for certain. lil info on me....im 25 went to wyotech for autobody and street rod body and chassis fab. and am into anything that i can fabricate and my sawsall is my fav tool lol

HPIM1035.jpg

HPIM1036.jpg

HPIM1037.jpg

HPIM1027.jpg

HPIM1030.jpg

The Ugly....

Trunk floor on drivers side...
HPIM1032.jpg

Drivers and Pass. rear frame rails....
HPIM1033.jpg

HPIM1034.jpg

rear deck where sombody tried to install 6x9s i assume....
HPIM1025.jpg

But on the good side, heres my list of mods that ive done so far....
v6 replaced with 350
215/60/15 front and 275/60/15 rear Indy 500 tires ( i work at a tire shop and they were cheap lol )
5% tint in the back windows 30% in the front two doors
Hooker comp headers into 2 1/2 inch pipe with dual origonal 40 series Flowmasters
Tach, oil pressure, water temp and volt meter all by Iequis

Things i have to replace current stuff...
350 roller block
4L60 overdrive trans
lots of sheet metal!

mi88mcss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 30, 2007
Lansing, Mi.
You definately have a big project ahead of you. What a feeling when it's all done and you can say"I did it all myself". Good luck.

gator2206

Apprentice
Feb 22, 2009
Zanesville,Ohio
looks like a great staring point, and welcome too the boards

punissher_racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Iowa
thats my toss up right now is wheather to back half it or just mini tub it. cuz if i do a full tub and wanna go tear around some corners i dont think 28 inch mickeys will hold up so well sideways. i gotta buddy that works for a welding company that can get 2x3 box tube pretty cheap so ill prolly just move everything in about 3 inches so i can have around a 12 to 14 inch wide tire in the back wrapped on some 18s. It is a big project but the body is pretty straight and all the glass is there and not cracked, the interior is in good shape sept for the dash, so i figured what the hell lol

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
Personally ... you should leave it looking all "Mad Max" and just run the hell out of it until the frame brakes. :lol:

I bet the dollar per hour of fun would be a lot cheaper. Good luck though!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Welcome!

Looks like a good candidate to back-half to me...
My Malibu wagon is even worse... and I plan on doing it someday if I can stop buying other cars.

I have a friend that used to have a tubbed, big block Malibu, and he drove it everywhere during the summer months. Spool and all. But I sure wouldn't recommend "tearing it up" around any corners... :lol:

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
oh man leave it as is. its probably the meanest Gbody ive ever seen. it has a madmax look to it. just fix the frame and have fun with it. this is seriously my favorite Gbody. Great job man :D

punissher_racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2009
Iowa
wow thanks for the comments! does anybody make a mini tub kit for these cars? i still am going to do the all black look thats just my thing. it is getting a blood red punisher skull on the deck lid though. other then that some black 5 spoke mags and some fresh black paint and then the tire burning and ford eating begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor