Zoomies on a G-Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have never even been curious enough to want to hear what my car sounds like with open headers nevertheless attempt to drive it like that on the street and most race tracks won't even allow open headers anymore.
To me nothing beats a good sounding free flowing full exhaust system.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
In my younger, dumber days, I once had to move a project car from one parking space to another to prove it was 'operable' and avoid being towed. I had NO exhaust installed - open cylinder head exhaust ports. LOUD. Lit up the night with blue flames. Ran well enough to make it 50 feet. Fortunately, I didn't melt anything or set it on fire.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Unless this is a full time drag car that will never be street driven then maybe but there are still far better choices.
Basically Zoomies are just open headers without a collector and since Gbodies have maybe 6 inches of fender on the bottom they would have to go beyond that and would probably hit the door when you open it, and then there is the possibility of burning yourself.
I don't know if you are just wanting this for looks, but there are plenty of exhaust systems that bolt right in and can be tailored to how loud or quiet you want it and still make more power and won't annoy people a 1/2 mile away.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
A friend gave me some almost-new 3-1/2 Flowmasters because the police decided he was annoying. 502 BBC with 3-1/2 straight pipes back from headers, through the mufflers to downturns under his C10. Idling through the parking garage at work, he'd set off car alarms. He's a big gun collector in his mid-60s, so it's likely he felt the sound through his butt more than heard it through his ears.

I still haven't figured out how to fit these under either Malibu, so maybe they will find their way under the Powerstroke.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor