S10 Extreme Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
Gbody-s10extreme dual piston brake setup? I've just recently heard about it but never seen it posted on here. Its supposely a direct swap. Whats the 411 on this?

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
stainless steel brakes has a caliper upgrade kit and i think a dual piston kit for g-bodies. those ARE bolt in's.

as for s-10 stuff they do share some front end parts and i believe calipers would be one of them. they SHOULD be bolt in but i wont make any guarantees since i havent looked in brake upgrades since im doing other things with my car currently like body and engine replacement after the body work and the seats are redone.

you MAY or may not need to use a different diaphragm (single or double) booster for your master cylinder (may need to be changed out also or an adjustable proportioning valve to make sure the front and backs are "even". i doubt it but you never know since its now two pistons instead of one. that's more clamping force and depending on the size of the pistons...yeah you may need to change other stuff, just to optimize the force of the new calipers but is most likely optional in most cases.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
on the s10 dual piston brakes you need the s10 spindles and there NON servicable bearing hub at about 225.00 ea the you can add the rotors and calipers. Also not just the extremes got them it was ALL s10 blazers 98+ and the s10 extreme pick up did not get the brake upgrade just the blazers

Aug 21, 2009
I just thought I would chime in on this since I got a pair for my S10. The dual piston brakes you are interested in only came on the 2wd blazers xtreme or not, and yes you do need the spindles as well.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
Be certain you're getting the dual piston calipers. As others have mentioned, this is part of the Xtreme package but I'm not sure if they were available on other models. The suspension geometry is identical and the spindles will bolt right in. See the S-10/Blazer brake hose and bracket used here. Bending of the hard brake was necessary in this case. Old crusty lines should be replaced if you wish to re-bend like this.
DSC_0005.jpg

(The color was added with a kit available from Eastwood.)

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
All s10 blazers 98+ had the dual piston brakes up front

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I want that. Seems every truck I see in the wreckers is 4wd. I wonder if the calipers are the same on the 4wd as the 2wd ?

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
yes they are so is the hubs only difference is on the 4wd the spindles have a hole in the back of them for the cv shaft but they will work as well since the bearing hub is a sealed non serviceable unit

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
SLICK79WGN said:
yes they are so is the hubs only difference is on the 4wd the spindles have a hole in the back of them for the cv shaft but they will work as well since the bearing hub is a sealed non serviceable unit

?? really. I have seen 3 - 4x4 trucks with the dual piston calipers. I guess it would make sense that other than a diff hub that the spindle and brakes could be the same. Why does everyone talking about this swap specify that you need to find them from a 2wd truck ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor