S10 Extreme Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

86SuperSport

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2009
Ohio
went to my buddies junkyard today and was looking for blazers. .he has about 100 cars he brought in from cash for clunkers, pretty nice too. .i found 2 GMC Jimmy's that seem to have the same setup as the blazers. .Can anyone confirm this for me. Thanks

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
yep same sh*t different grill thats it

86SuperSport

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2009
Ohio
thanks for the info Slick. .another question you might be able to help me out with. .a little off the topic of the brakes system tho. .i installed new cups and bushings for the core support but when i tighten down the bolts there is some play in the core support.. it will rock back and forth and even lifts up a little until it hits the upper bushing. the bolt and all is tight to where the cup wont move just the core support. .thanks

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
check for loose spot welds around the mounting point as they were known to rot there. and no sweat on the help, I'm just glad all this info I have gathered in my head over the years can help someone....besides me 8)

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
does this swap change the width from stock at all ?

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
that one I dont know just measure yours before and after, I wouldn't think it would be much if it did

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
So.... I went "shopping" for parts this weekend and came across a few 4x4 Blazers and Jimmys with the front dual piston setup.I am with the understanding that they will fit. What do i pull off? Where do i get the freeze plugs? Or should i wait for a 2wd Blazer? Sorry but i am a little confused :D

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I would wait for the 2wd spindles but you need everything from the spindles out

monteboy84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 7, 2005
Re:

Clutch_Grabwell said:
Be certain you're getting the dual piston calipers. As others have mentioned, this is part of the Xtreme package but I'm not sure if they were available on other models. The suspension geometry is identical and the spindles will bolt right in. See the S-10/Blazer brake hose and bracket used here. Bending of the hard brake was necessary in this case. Old crusty lines should be replaced if you wish to re-bend like this.
DSC_0005.jpg

(The color was added with a kit available from Eastwood.)

I hate to pull up an old thread, but why is the Upper Control arm on the wrong side here??? Looks to me like it may have some NEGATIVE caster, it's got to be spooky to drive....

-matt

Scimitar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 2, 2009
Because it's the passenger side of the car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor