normal_IMG_0566%5B1%5D.JPG

normal_IMG_0568%5B1%5D.JPG

EDIT June 5, 2010 -- some more glimpses:

normal_IMG_0581.JPG

^^^ Spoiler is off in this pic.

normal_IMG_0580.JPG

^^^ This is how she sits fully lowered.

normal_IMG_0577.JPG

^^^ Notice the outer dew sweeps, which were powdercoated gloss black by a friend of mine for free!

normal_IMG_0596.jpg

^^^ The rear black lip installed.

normal_IMG_0576.JPG

"OBJECTS IN MIRROR APPEAR TO BE MUSTANGS."

*Edit* June 17, 2010: I finally got the rear tail light bezels and license plate bezel redone in high gloss black, and also the powdercoated vinyl top trim as well -- so they all went in and now the car looks like a car now. I'm working on the center console now and the hood will be on soon, but here's a couple more shots from the back, and a video!!!!

normal_IMG_0593.jpg

normal_IMG_0595.jpg

normal_IMG_0596.jpg

normal_IMG_0598.jpg

normal_IMG_0600.jpg

Short Walkaround Video:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZFZwsTWaj8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QZFZwsTWaj8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFZwsTWaj8

EDIT: June 28, 2010:

Hood went on today. The latch is not on yet, so it's sitting loose. Still, I couldn't resist taking some shots:

normal_IMG_0613.jpg

normal_IMG_0610.jpg

normal_IMG_0618.jpg

normal_IMG_0619.jpg

normal_IMG_0628.jpg

normal_IMG_0631.jpg

Edit: July 6th, 2010:

Hood
Hood is finally done and on the car. Closed the hood for test fitting and found out that no hood release cable was ever connected. WTF. I spent 4 hours under the car unbolting the hood latch to get it open. Spent all day yesterday hooking up a custom hood release cable which will be mounted under the dash in a custom location.

So I have a hidden trunk release and also a hidden hood release, meanwhile the stock releases are still in their stock locations, just non-functional (security measure).

Engine
A week ago I seafoamed the gas tank to clean out the injectors because the new crate motor hesitates, ran it for 45 minutes and it just died. Found out today that the distributor is faulty. Since this engine has a "2 year unlimited mile warrantee", we contacted Edelbrock and were told that the part needed to fix this is on 3 months backorder. As far as I'm concerned, I'm NOT waiting another 3 months to get the car on the road. They have this distributor in stock and STILL won't ship me a new one. Get this -- they won't even allow me to get my own distributor to work on this engine -- they are telling me that I have to wait for these 3 months backordered parts. Edelbrock and Pat Musi for service. I'll be talking to them again tomorrow to see what kind of service I get -- and I'll post the results.

Finally, a "big picture" shot
Mean while, here's what she looks like coming off the flatbed that I had to TOW THE DAMNED CAR with:

normal_IMG_0652.JPG

September 10, 2010 Update (Pics and vids):

normal_P1060354.JPG

normal_P1060353.JPG

normal_P1060349.JPG

normal_P1060337.JPG

normal_P1060338.JPG

[youtube]0snLyC1p2kE[/youtube]
[youtube]ee4jSFLjjWA[/youtube]
[youtube]IMUm-az3jFg[/youtube]

Better Pictures + Update August 29, 2010:

Found oil leak from below the front part of the engine. My mechanic sprayed it clean and had to put dye in the oil to try and detect where it was coming from. Turns out it's from the crank seal. It leaks after a drive, when parked. Not a LOT, just a small leak. Still driveable though. So I took it out for a real drive for the first time. Very enjoyable, finally.

normal_0P1070271.JPG

normal_0P1070268.JPG

normal_0P1070254.JPG

May 2012, Short Drive Video:

[youtube]8snVERPZ7qc[/youtube]

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Re: Surprise - A glimpse of what I've been upto!

LGhost said:
your car is ugly as hell.... but you are rich so nothing else matters... Don't worry as all cars that get that much money put into customization are ugly.
I appreciate your honesty, really, but you got me all wrong with that rich comment. I've had a 10 year history to build this car and I have a hard, poor life, and recently I have worked hard and been through he'll and back so don't judge me and call me "rich", i live in a basement apartment and this car is all i have, and for the record if I ever did get "rich" I'd use it to help the helpless, victims of abuse, victims of the "system" and give the rest to charity. You've said I was rich in another post so I don't know what vendetta you have against me but the only thing ugly here is you and your attitude, so I guess "nothing else matters".

On another note I've looked through all your posts and it seems you're quite the *******. Judgemental, arrogant, ignorant and just plain DICK. Hope you can appreciate my honesty too.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

sweet lookin deal there bro! keep up the updates! oh and haters will hate, dont forget :roll:

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado

:wtf:
LGhost said:
your car is ugly as hell.... but you are rich so nothing else matters... Don't worry as all cars that get that much money put into customization are ugly.
:wtf:

Damn i like it more pics please!! :lol: are you gonna do a build thread?

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

dood just go look at his cardomain page, its INSANE! :respect:

LGhost

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2010

I don't care to do a background check so you will have to take my word. Seen you in another post and you made a comment on how much money you put in your car... Looking at your car, people know you put a lot of money into it... I thought I read $30,000 but even $10,000 is enough for someone like me to call you rich. Your car says nothing but money... I didn't judge nothing, I went off what I saw. Your honesty was read but not recognized... As I never asked for it. You, posting your car up on the forums is an automatic request for opinions, no one volunteered so I did.... Your car is the barbie of grand prixs. You have a pretty sick ride, I still find it ugly though. I just don't think the ground effects go good with the all white paint. Your ground effects give a dark appeal to your car... White pretty much cancels that out.

Also you never mentioned what you did to your car so I wasn't sure what you were trying to show off. Your license plate really matches you car dude! Keep up the good work! I didn't know you had it soooo rough... Please accept my medal of good guyism... I wouldn't take pride in it though as good guys usually finish last.

beermonkey.... you should have just left out "sweet lookin deal there bro! keep up the updates!" I'm glad you know how to use the word hater now, don't get excited and abuse it though. Next goal, learn what the word fake means in the same culture.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN

LGhost said:
I don't care to do a background check so you will have to take my word. Seen you in another post and you made a comment on how much money you put in your car... Looking at your car, people know you put a lot of money into it... I thought I read $30,000 but even $10,000 is enough for someone like me to call you rich. Your car says nothing but money... I didn't judge nothing, I went off what I saw. Your honesty was read but not recognized... As I never asked for it. You, posting your car up on the forums is an automatic request for opinions, no one volunteered so I did.... Your car is the barbie of grand prixs. You have a pretty sick ride, I still find it ugly though. I just don't think the ground effects go good with the all white paint. Your ground effects give a dark appeal to your car... White pretty much cancels that out.

Also you never mentioned what you did to your car so I wasn't sure what you were trying to show off. Your license plate really matches you car dude! Keep up the good work! I didn't know you had it soooo rough... Please accept my medal of good guyism... I wouldn't take pride in it though as good guys usually finish last.

beermonkey.... you should have just left out "sweet lookin deal there bro! keep up the updates!" I'm glad you know how to use the word hater now, don't get excited and abuse it though. Next goal, learn what the word fake means in the same culture.

Hahah...i think we have another uber douche among us. How exactly is beermonkey fake?

datturboz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2010
Indianapolis

hm mod throw down the ban hammer on this guy?

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN

datturboz said:
hm mod throw down the ban hammer on this guy?

I dont think thats necessary, doenst seem like hes "trolling" or whatever they call it, just seems like a dick.

LGhost

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2010

The sweet compliment he made to the white grand prix owner was fake. What good is a compliment when you could actually COMMENT on it. What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? So feminine, I'm going to use him to get to him! Jesus y'all... Quit following me

datturboz... what r u doing posting outside the subject? Boredom sucks I know, but make your own thread. Learn how the banning process works before you decide on who's *ss you want to kiss.. Y'all just a bunch of girls... So emotional when someone criticizes something. Mines was constructive, the big wheel hate most y'all have stems a lot deeper than just y'all opinion. Opinions are fine, hate isn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor