RAWDOGG - 84 Grand Prix "Pro Touring" Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Re: Surprise - A glimpse of what I've been upto!

Love the customization that has gone into this car!! Cardomain page is well layed out and informative (for those who care to know what went in). Really put a lot of thought into that ride, I applaud it and you should be damn proud.
That said, the exterior doesn't sit right with me either.
I'm not going to go into what I think it needs because it isn't mine. It is what it is and it's what he wants it to be.

As for LGhost, I guess he's entitled to his own opinion too, even if it IS cutting the way it was put across. People are people and he just calls em the way he sees em, and he is direct for sure. Can't tell if he meant any hard feelings, I guess he knows for sure.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

Thanks for all the comments and support from beermonkey9417 and on, it's much appreciated. I WAS thinking of doing a build thread, but now I really don't feel like it. Pretty discouraged still.

LGhost said:
The sweet compliment he made to the white grand prix owner was fake.

What?!?! Because Beermonkey said "sweet deal dude" you're calling him fake? All I have is a glance of a couple pictures, a previewof my progress. So now a simple compliment towards me is "fake". Whatever buddy.

LGhost said:
What good is a compliment when you could actually COMMENT on it. What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? So feminine, I'm going to use him to get to him!
You can't even see the whole car and you rant about how "this level of customization" is ugly? Whatever buddy. Of course you're not judgmental. You wanted to put a damper well congrats, you done it. Now **** off.

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN

georgeathtx said:
ur front end is clean bro...oppinions are like *ssh*les everyone gots one...remember that

....and they all stink, dont forget that part.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH

Don't let it discourage you! I guess i'm right there with ya as far as being rich. I've got over 10k wrapped up in my spray painted pos, lol. That figures in parts that I bought ten years ago that were already used.
It's one thing to say you don't like something but to do it in total jerk off fashion is another.

Never mind what was here..I ****ed up.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois

I think you should of painted the car black. For some reason I love GP's with the bumper in between the top and bottom grilles, especially when it's painted gloss black. But still it looks pretty good.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

Thanks guys :)

Black is universally a bad-*ss color and I get what some of you guys are saying. I've seen a customized all black GP and as nice as it looked, it was still not as bad *ss as my first GP which was white with full bodykit (which, mind you, was wrecked when I was rear-ended by a drunk 22 year old).
6024910006_medium.jpg

My 2nd GP was in works and was complete with 454 BBC and 200 4R, leather seats, daytona hood and full Flowmaster exhaust when it was stolen.

My 3rd GP I purchased on ebay, went to Pittsburg to pick it up, but before getting too far with the project I had to sell it to pay for a huge cell phone bill which a buddy of mine had co-signed for, and I didn't want to affect his credit rating negatively.

My 4th GP was solid at time of purchase, but then I found that the frame was not so solid, and the trunk floor pan was rotten. It's hard to refurb that and it's not a part you can buy anywhere. I had to get a donor car for a solid frame and floor pan, which leads me to my 5th GP.

My 5th GP was rotten to sh*t from top to bottom. But it was T-tops and somehow, the frame was 99% solid, and so was 99% of the floor pan.

I ended up merging cars 4 and 5 together to come to my current project.

The vision I have for this car is something hard to explain. You have to see it, in person, to get what I mean (when it's done, that is). I will try to get the idea of this white color on this custom body kit on a video soon. Maybe some of you will understand what I mean when you see it.

Point to note: I only posted some of the front shots because the back and sides are not done yet, so you can't get an accurate idea of what it'll look like till it's really done. There is a black lip going on the bottom sides and back as well.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI

mkiiisupra said:
I like it buddy, keep up the good work and post some more pics up for us. Also, I guess since I have a lot of money tied up in my car that it sucks too? LMAO. I think everyone on the forums here lately needs to calm down a bit, lot of hostility going on.
It sucks so bad, you should just give it to me :rofl: Your Regal is my favorite :!:

*back on topic*
Not a huge Grand Prix person, but that doesn't look bad

LGhost

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2010

This is where the gay jokes should be... Did you actually say that you are discouraged from my words? I'm sorry, I must have made a false assumption of you. I assume since you were a G-body owner, you were tough as concrete backer board. You're just drywall. I was hoping I would motivate you more but I realize now you need hugs and kisses for motivation. .... You Grand Prix is the most unique one out there. Keep up the good work X2!!! I'm sure we are all curious by now, how much money did you toss into your ride?

Some of you only read what you want to read... Another feminine move

Ps... After looking at your ride again, I notice it is flawless.... Everything seems perfect. Stay gold ponyboy, stay gold

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX

454 Muscle.........
Callooks great .....As I am a true G-Body guy I see beauty in all of em. YOurs looks awesome. Pat YOur 'BU looks great as well, I am glad you kept it....I love both the headlights in these two cars...I want something like that for my Baby as well :D

I think I paid 20-30$ for mine on ebay and I can see highway signs a mile down the road with them and they're not even HD headlights! Hit high beams and you'll blind everyone on the road. Go on ebay and they're tons of these types of headlights for right around 20$ a pair and they use the factory harness so you don't have to wire anything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor