1979 El Camino Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
ElCaminoGRAN/SPORT said:
Cool car man,that engine looks sweet what headers do you have on there and how was the fit?
thanks man, the headers are just the cheap hooker headers from summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-2451HKR/ they took a little modification to make them fit and a few smacks with a hammer. if you do get them i would suggest fitting them and re painting them because the paint that they come with isnt that great.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
jrm81bu said:
I like your air dam. I've been thinking about making something like that myself. I think I found some window crank handles that would look good in there. They are black with a brushed aluminum insert(fake I assume). They are stock s10 cranks if I remember right. If you're interested, i'll try to get part numbers tomorow.
it was really easy to make, took about 30 minutes to do everything. i was ******** on my dad because he was putting a stock air dam on his malibu wagon and i was able to make one up and install it before he could even put one on. and i bought a set of window cranks off of smmit but they really suck and are kinda small so yeah a part # would be great!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Noice man! Looks like a solid project!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
1979ratrod said:
-83MONTESS- said:
Noice man! Looks like a solid project!
thanks dude! it needs a little body work and paint but im up for it
Hell they all need a little body work when they get this old, like women!

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
84elko said:
1979ratrod said:
ohioelcamino said:
lovin the seats and not just for the price but they look dam good
thanks! i offered the guy $40 and he took it so i couldent pass that up. but it took a little modification to make em fit in the stock mounting spots.

damn you stole those seats very nce job your doing there.
and the guy who sold them to me thought he was ripping me off or something haha and thanks you got one sweet elko yourself

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
1979ratrod said:
i just made this 2 days ago with an old piece of aluminum angle iron, ive wanted to make it for a while but never had the time, i thought it came out decent. its 1.25''
downsized_0508111641.jpg

kinda hard to see cuz of the bumper
4.jpg

and the last thing i did was sand paint and put on the grand prix cross bar
downsized_0510111419.jpg

downsized_0510111601.jpg

so now its all up to date. for suspension i have the 2'' beltech drop spindles, new rear springs, air shocks, f41 front and rear sway bars, jounce bars, cutlass fender to core support braces, radiator X braces and i think thats it. ill post more pics tomarrow. thanks for looking
:shock: :shock: :shock: BAR LOOKS GOOD

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
kuruption109 said:
1979ratrod said:
i just made this 2 days ago with an old piece of aluminum angle iron, ive wanted to make it for a while but never had the time, i thought it came out decent. its 1.25''
downsized_0508111641.jpg

4.jpg

downsized_0510111419.jpg

downsized_0510111601.jpg

so now its all up to date. for suspension i have the 2'' beltech drop spindles, new rear springs, air shocks, f41 front and rear sway bars, jounce bars, cutlass fender to core support braces, radiator X braces and i think thats it. ill post more pics tomarrow. thanks for looking
I need one of those cross bars

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
kuruption109 said:
1979ratrod said:
downsized_0508111641.jpg

4.jpg

downsized_0510111419.jpg

downsized_0510111601.jpg

haha thanks, i was so pumped when i got it, within like 3 hours i had it totally sanded painted and installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor