Not open for further replies.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
tc1959 said:
kuruption109 said:
1979ratrod said:
i just made this 2 days ago with an old piece of aluminum angle iron, ive wanted to make it for a while but never had the time, i thought it came out decent. its 1.25''
downsized_0508111641.jpg

kinda hard to see cuz of the bumper
4.jpg

and the last thing i did was sand paint and put on the grand prix cross bar
downsized_0510111419.jpg

downsized_0510111601.jpg

so now its all up to date. for suspension i have the 2'' beltech drop spindles, new rear springs, air shocks, f41 front and rear sway bars, jounce bars, cutlass fender to core support braces, radiator X braces and i think thats it. ill post more pics tomarrow. thanks for looking
:shock: :shock: :shock: BAR LOOKS GOOD
I need one of those cross bars
it took forever to find one im glad kuruption had one for sale

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
1979ratrod said:
jrm81bu said:
I like your air dam. I've been thinking about making something like that myself. I think I found some window crank handles that would look good in there. They are black with a brushed aluminum insert(fake I assume). They are stock s10 cranks if I remember right. If you're interested, i'll try to get part numbers tomorow.
it was really easy to make, took about 30 minutes to do everything. i was ******** on my dad because he was putting a stock air dam on his malibu wagon and i was able to make one up and install it before he could even put one on. and i bought a set of window cranks off of smmit but they really suck and are kinda small so yeah a part # would be great!

Man, I forgot to look at work today, so I'm not 100% sure this is it, but it looks really close.
https://napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogI ... 77785&An=0

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
damn, nice job on the elco dude. just found your build here haha. Looks real clean!!

Hell of a score on those seats. could probablly make a hundo if you just sold them. i think they look awesome tho 8)

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
jrm81bu said:
1979ratrod said:
jrm81bu said:
I like your air dam. I've been thinking about making something like that myself. I think I found some window crank handles that would look good in there. They are black with a brushed aluminum insert(fake I assume). They are stock s10 cranks if I remember right. If you're interested, i'll try to get part numbers tomorow.
it was really easy to make, took about 30 minutes to do everything. i was ******** on my dad because he was putting a stock air dam on his malibu wagon and i was able to make one up and install it before he could even put one on. and i bought a set of window cranks off of smmit but they really suck and are kinda small so yeah a part # would be great!

Man, I forgot to look at work today, so I'm not 100% sure this is it, but it looks really close.
https://napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogI ... 77785&An=0
te link didnt work for me but i think i know the ones your talking about. ill see if i can find a set next time im at the junkyard. thanks for the idea

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
3XBrownCutty said:
damn, nice job on the elco dude. just found your build here haha. Looks real clean!!

Hell of a score on those seats. could probablly make a hundo if you just sold them. i think they look awesome tho 8)
thanks man. as soon as i bought the seats my friend offered me $80 right after he saw me pay $40 for them and i almost sold them but im glad i didnt.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
UPDATE! so today when i got home from school i figured i would patch the rust hole behind my rear tire. i thought it came out allright. i didnt weld it i just threw some tech screws in and grinded off the heads. i still have to smoth it out a bit. and then i sanded down mt gas cover and clear coated it. im planning on having it and my tailgate louvered soon. tell me what you think.
0510111509.jpg

downsized_0512111435.jpg

0512111435a.jpg

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
It looks better than the rust ,But tech screws and some sheet metal, wont stop the rust from spreading.
Also sanding down your gas door probably got rid of the galvanising on the door.
Unfortunately that is the only part GM actually Galvanized . :cry:
It's probably a good thing that you have noticed the rust,and want to stop it.
But the only way to actually get it is to cut it all out and clean, and or seal it up from the inside.
Nice job on the grill insert tho.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
84elko said:
Nice fab skillz you got there. I think the louvered look might look hot as it is an old school hot rod thing. Now let's see some pics of the biscayne
thanks man ill post some soon. i dont have many on my phone and the car is up at my dads shop so ill take a bunch when im there sunday

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
tc1959 said:
It looks better than the rust ,But tech screws and some sheet metal, wont stop the rust from spreading.
Also sanding down your gas door probably got rid of the galvanising on the door.
Unfortunately that is the only part GM actually Galvanized . :cry:
It's probably a good thing that you have noticed the rust,and want to stop it.
But the only way to actually get it is to cut it all out and clean, and or seal it up from the inside.
Nice job on the grill insert tho.
i cut out the rust first and then painted the raw metal with por15 and then put the patch which has paint on the back so the only raw part is the outside and its going to be painted and filled in the next day. and actually GM galvanized the entire bottom of the bed on the el caminos. i clear coated the sh*t out of the gas door too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor