Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
1980 regal lover said:
The REARS are ALL THE Same. :)
That's good to know.

dave1978

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2011
Years ago we used the rear bumper and filler panel from a 81-84 regal 4 door for an 80 regal 2 door and it seemed to work fine with no major problems I can remember. Remember the rears have to be a 4 door and not a 2 door in these years. Not sure if 4 door filler panels for the front will work or not?It would be worth looking into if you find a 4 door parts donor.

HutchAuto

n00b
Oct 15, 2008
So 4 years later I see this thread is still going.. I also was wroking with Auto Body Fillers and another company a few years back that was going to work a deal if I could sent them a 'perfect' set and they could make a mold of them - the perfect set either could not survive the mold process or they 'samples' were not good - so I am also still searching for a set of them as well. I saw the post about using 81-84 4dr rears and will try and locate a set and give that a try as well. Nice to see people here with 80 Regals as there are not many. Mine was set to be a Turbo but my grandfather who was working for GM at the time and was going to trailer a boat and didnt want the turbo but loved the style - stopped it on the line and they put a 4.3 litre pontiacl engine in it - but the rest of the car is a Turbo Regal. It also is a limited but with no power locks or windows (as he didnt like those 'gadgets'). I put a 383ci/444hp Chevy in there, original GM 87 GN wheels and springs/shocks, and a full competition sound system.. it rides and drives like new with only 80k on it (was repainted in 89 when I got it). When I have some time I will post some photos.

1980 regal lover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 29, 2011
UPDATE: I have a DEEP ROOTED FEELING They'll be soon available. IF I HEAR they are, (and I think this likely) I'll let you know.

*FYI: 78-79's WILL NOT WORK ! (I bought these and had someone "try" to modify them) ... "a degree here, a degree there, too short, not enough of a "bend", not loooooong enough ... "pick your word". THEY ARE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

Again, With 3 1980's "I'm well versed" (Plagued is a better word). I'm NOT a Body guy, but I had two people (Their "good") try to chop 2 sets ... THEN you use a heat gun to "ice the cake" (IOW get little "issues" out) ... Alas: IT WON'T WORK.

You'll see every bend! This Topic set me back 16 weeks and I settled for "well", '2nd best'.

Wait ! I'm working with someone on this VERY ANNOYING Topic. :blam:
I'll (again) let ya know.

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
Just got the word from the man himself. he has a mint set that he is building off of. They will be doing a limited run.
They 1980 Fronts will be available in 3 weeks.
Also the 81-87 speaker grills will be available.
New 3 piece rar spoilers that will not take 30+ days to get.

I was speaking with them about doing the concert sound 2 lower door covers so we can convert our cars with CS2 speakers. I already had the baskets built a few years ago. Would any one be intereted in these? I do not want him to build molds if there is no interest.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
I need fronts for my 80

Bweavy

Master Mechanic
Feb 27, 2009
Bethel N.C. 27812
1980 regal lover said:
Hi Brian ! *Who's doing this ? ("Auto Fillers Inc.") ???

Thanks. :)
We are suppose to be getting a price hike on all ABS parts tomorrow. I'm sure when they call I'll get an exact date & a price.
I can't tell you who is building them then thousands of vendors will run to that suppliers & order a 100 front 1980 fillers at a time. This would delay my order LOL
I will place an order for 10 sets. They did tell me they would be in line with the exsisting front fillers. This was also before they told us we would have the price hike in March.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Any word on the new fillers yet? I'm interested in a set if they are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor