1980 Buick regal Sport Coupe's 99% done ... (VIDEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
wow, i hope some day my elky will look one tenth as good as your regal. thats just awesome! and a maaco paint job never looked so good. i bet you made some werkers really happy to do some quality werk.

bumperfillers...

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
Dude there is no comparison......yours is outstanding ...........mine is an alter-mod restore.......im so happy how yours turned out.....and I will check out Maaco again....im looking to paint the upper top of mine black......

1980 regal lover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for all the nice "opinions" ... The Deck Lids Metal, as well as the core support. whats interesting is that it has NO Options, except a Turbo Package, PERIOD ! "strange" ? *That was the appeal to me (esp. the NO A/C).

You may have read here, (or elsewhere) that the Turbo's my only issue ... It's DEAD IN THE WATER. It spins (the shaft) & has a good waste-gate actuator, ... "all the obvious stuff's fine". Whatever's wrong has to be looking right at me, but I'll be damned if I can see it ! *Right down to the Secondaries on the Carb. (and the knock sensor / Spark control module) ... "I've checked it all." *I'll look at basic pressures and the like "later".

When the weather breaks I'll fix it (I hope) ... after that a P.E.V.R. Valve is all I need (or the Vacuum tee "alternative" to replace it.) THAT"S IT.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Wow!

A non-air(A/C) Turbo Regal....its like old hot rods, no power robbing options!

In Darth Vader's favorite color no less.

It is awesome! Nothing shines quick like a smooth and slick black paint job.

Thanks for not swapping in an SBC! And for not swapping in an LS!

About the only acceptable swap would have been a clean 455 Buick with a Stage 1 package.

Sorry, I am a Buick guy.

Wow!

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
BEAUTIFUL car broseph!! Hopefully by the summer my regal will be right there along with you. i'm removing the vinyl and going hardtop..and trying to find some buick rallys like yours...i put the SS wheels on it for the mean time b/c i was having so much trouble finding a set of 15" buick rallys..below's a pic of my 87..i'm doing a fresh built SBC 350 swap in place of the 307 so as soon as this is complete it will be in the paint shop...i had even thought about Maaco as well since my paint guy thinks I have 2G's to drop on paint...

normal_DSC_2579.JPG

OneLuv1979

Apprentice
Jan 28, 2012
Stunning 80 Regal you have there! Maaco did a outstanding job!
Bet you cant wait for it to warm up so you can enjoy that beauty!

Here is my gem .. 79 Regal 406 Small Block and Full Restoration!

regal4.jpg

regal11.jpg

regal13.jpg

regal5.jpg

regal1.jpg

regal2.jpg

regal3.jpg

regal14.jpg

regal12.jpg

regal16.jpg

regal20.jpg

regal18.jpg

regal19.jpg

regal8.jpg

regal9.jpg

regal15.jpg

regal7.jpg

regal6.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
nice 80 regal. Good to see another one. you can see my 80 in the link in my sig. im slowly making progress. outstanding work.

1980 regal lover

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 29, 2011
mebe007 said:
nice 80 regal. Good to see another one. you can see my 80 in the link in my sig. im slowly making progress. outstanding work.
So how;'s it coming ? (Looks GREAT thus far). :D

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
shes coming along slowly but surely lol. i cant leave anything alone unlike you lol. sourcing the last of the 4 speed swap parts now then getting it wrapped up in the coming months i hope. ill drive it for the rest of the year hopefully then tackle the body work next year. havent driven her since 2007 and its killing me so gotta have my fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor