BUILD THREAD 1982 Malibu Wa-GOON 6.2/4L80e/8.5

Misfitmike63

Apprentice
Apr 11, 2023
Still waiting on the parts from Viking to put the coilovers in. Everything else is bolted together.

Still need to change the master cylinder, proportioning valve, and the rear brakes as well.

Attachments

• IMG_9262.jpeg
    IMG_9262.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Misfitmike63

Apprentice
Apr 11, 2023
Well, the last month has been a whirlwind. Lots of stuff going on recently, but worst of all, my father passed away. He had a 79 & 81 malibu, and used to read a lot of the posts on all the pages for bits of info regarding the cars.

IMG_9474.jpeg

Today I was able to get some time in the garage. Pedro came over, and we did an oil change on his Monte, as well as located where his oil was going… out the front main seal. This is now the next project.

On my car, we got the master cylinder and the proportioning valve swapped out, next stop is the rear brakes

IMG_9596.jpeg

IMG_9599.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I'm sorry to hear about your father passing, my condolences.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
sorry to hear this Mike,I always enjoyed running into your dad,he was a good guy.he was very proud of you,you serving your country and joining the ranks at a house like he did.

Last edited:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
My condolences

Reactions: 1 user

Misfitmike63

Apprentice
Apr 11, 2023
Got some work done today! Started the rear disc swap. Just need to do some finishing touches, like tube brackets, hook up the E-brake, repaint the calipers and brackets, then reassemble and bleed the system.

Forgot I put new brakes on this when I got it

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9704.jpeg

IMG_9712.jpeg

Only issue I saw was the holes for the axle studs are larger, and appear to be a different diameter.
IMG_9713.jpeg

Can’t tell with the wheel on, and the rotor is centered on the axle

IMG_9717.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor