1985 Monte Carlo build

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
car specs: nitto tire's ,torque thrust ll , clean interior all original, painted frame powdercoated green, painted grey hammertone over, stainless steel lines fuel, brakes, etc.

Engine: black 383 stroker bored and stroked,vented,decked,magnafluxed, eagle rotaing assembly ,speed pro pistons, comp cam,comp rockers,arp bolts all around, arp pushrods, edelbrock airgap intake,msd billet distributor with curve, msd coil, edelbrock aluminum valve covers, felpro gaskets, aluminum edelbrock water pump , comp double roller timeing chain , comp button , arp flywheel bolts, mini heavy duty starter, aluminum edelbrock e-street heads,qft carb,holley fuel pump, chrome oil pan.

Transmission: super streetfighter 350 turbo TCI stage 2 shift kit, b&m stall converter 2500 to 4000 not sure on this,champion aluminum 3 core radiator with internal transmission cooler. and aluminum drive shaft near future.

Rear Axle: 389 gears posi track limited slip made from strange engineering.

Suspension: UMI upper back lower back, A-arms upper and lower, sway bar rear and front, polyurathane body mount bushings all around rear body etc. monroe shocks front and back , monroe springs rear only front springs stock.

Brake system: willwood disc brakes all around with willwood calipers.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
does anyone know where i can find a oil presure sender because theres just a hole right now and would like to get it but not sure what kind i would need because of the dakota ditgial guages but ss wireing harness.

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
The standard oil pressure sending unit should do. Call Dakota to make sure but the oem one should fit and work perfectly. Autozone, any of those part stores should have one in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
found something bad on my monte, above the driver and passenger door there is a chrome moulding whitch it acts like a small gutter for the water well at the very corner it has started to crack why did this happend? do our car have some type of factory bondo ?

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Mine had the same cracks on the corner of the drip rail. My only guess is that the paint didnt adhere to the lead they used in these areas. I had my entire car sand blasted to bare metal and there was alot of lead in these areas from the factory.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
so i will be ordering my new dakota digital VHX cluster today , carbon fiber faceing with blue LED back lights would anyone want me to post a video on install ? i will post receipt and hardware pictures as soon as it arrives.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
so engine is finally in the car transmission aswell ,i will post pics soon. so i have complete brake lines and fuel line and is that something i can install myself or have to get it professionaly installed? i have wilwood disc brakes all around any response would be great.

MrRabbit24

Greasemonkey
Jun 7, 2012
Tulsa
update on car Build

Attachments

• IMAG1003.jpg
    IMAG1003.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 405
  • IMAG1076.jpg
    IMAG1076.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 390
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor