1985 mustang gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

CUTLASSJESSE

Greasemonkey
Jul 31, 2009
Pecatonica,IL
i know not my normal deal since im a olds guy and mustang and olds dont mix.....UNTILL NOW!!
So i picked up this solid roller 85 mustang gt convertible for a couple hundred bucks..plans are to shoe horn my built 350 olds and trans into this thing!! havent got the car home yet to acess the fitment issue.. there are absolutely no write ups online at all not sure if this swap has ever been done YET so im going for it! whats everyones thoughts on this one? its a oddball :blam:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've seen a SBC in a Foxbody Mustang. A guy that I knew had a big block Chevy mounted in one, but I don't know if he ever got it running.

CUTLASSJESSE

Greasemonkey
Jul 31, 2009
Pecatonica,IL
thats what i have found chevy swaps all day long not one olds swapped in one wouldnt think they would be much wider than a bbc

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
They put DOHC 4.6s in fox bodies and those things are huge. Don't see why an Olds wouldn't fit. I would expect the starter/steering/exhaust area to be the tight spot.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Before you go to far check out the floor for stress cracks. Those floors are known to crack along the tunnel and the seat braces..

mmfp-1203-09%252B1985-ford-mustang-lx-coupe%252Bstress-cracks.jpg

CUTLASSJESSE

Greasemonkey
Jul 31, 2009
Pecatonica,IL
well test fit the olds it fits little tight on the exaust might have to run manifolds instead of my headers and the rack and pinion going to make up some plates for the engine mounts to raise it up a little oil pan is touching right now..that will probably cause some tunnel issues with the trans im sure but was planning on that anyways as i was going to work the firewall a bit to set the engine a little farther back in the car im getting it together just going to be a long process i will get pics up when i get a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor