3000 mile, '80, factory 4 speed Malibu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Speedkills80, is your Malibu a factory console delete car? Its just kind of unusual to see a bucket seat car with no console. I know that the factory console for a car like yours would be different than an automatic console, alot shorter, basically a storage bin with an armrest on top.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
clean8485 said:
Speedkills80, is your Malibu a factory console delete car? Its just kind of unusual to see a bucket seat car with no console. I know that the factory console for a car like yours would be different than an automatic console, alot shorter, basically a storage bin with an armrest on top.

Yes it is a factory bucket seat car without a console.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Both cars are beautiful, but if I had to choose I'd say "Make mine a BIG BLOCK!" It looks awesome and I bet it's a blast to drive.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
Is that car in someones collection, for sale, or what? I was wondering if anyone knew why you would replace the 305 and the exhaust if the car really only had 3000 miles on it. I would think it would have been worth more the way it was. I am not saying the changes were bad. They would have been great had it been a 73,000 mile car. Just my two cents. Super nice example of a gbody though.

lildudefl

Master Mechanic
Aug 25, 2011
Las Vegas (Cali at Heart)
I looked at the link posted and as nice as this car is there is I can see it going for $20,000, I am a believer that is CAN be built for less than that cosidering the only two main upgrades are a 350 and exhaust. I would never even consider it. I mean yes the manual trans is desirable but not 20K worth. But again this is a beautiful car and I would love to have it

chazman

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 12, 2013
Chicagoland
speedkills80 said:
Is that car in someones collection, for sale, or what? I was wondering if anyone knew why you would replace the 305 and the exhaust if the car really only had 3000 miles on it. I would think it would have been worth more the way it was. I am not saying the changes were bad. They would have been great had it been a 73,000 mile car. Just my two cents. Super nice example of a gbody though.

That car was for sale and was sold. As it turns out the engine is the factory 305 with some bolt ons. $20K is crazy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor