F41 sway bars within 100 miles of Philadelphia

Trader history (0)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
In addition, the 36 mm bars are hollow, for a useful weight savings. Especially when paying to ship them...

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I grabbed a 36mm bar from thirdgenranch.com for about $50. They've got 'em for sale right now and they come with the old brackets and bushings. Well, mine did.
http://www.thirdgenranch.com/catalog/product/6c2a2e0ea7c64f2e9383f742d7c9fd6b

Just please, please get actual 36mm bushings and don't run the 35s that most people do. I see so many people look up a factory 36mm sway bar and get told to use an Energy Suspension 95173 bushing which is 35mm. For a 36mm bar use a 95175 bushing. Numerous people on this forum have a 35mm bushing on a 36mm bar.

If you want a greasable bushing, buy one- cutting it with a knife to make grooves or grease channels is NOT the same and people that do that are fooling themselves. Sure, it'll get grease in there but it also compromised the bushing's structural integrity because it now has the equivalent of cracks, no matter how steady your knife hand is.

Silicone grease is required to stop the squeaky polyurethane- traditional grease won't won't last. To help avoid squeaks in the first place wrap Teflon tape around the bar where it makes contact with the bushing. The tape does occupy space, making things fit tighter, but it works perfectly with the 95175 bushing as it is 36.5mm. https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/9.5175

Polyurethane is famous for "stiction" and squeaking because of it, so avoid making it worse by using a bushing that fits even tighter. If you're going to run a 36 on your G then I recommend that you look into it first, it's not a direct "bolt-in" but it's not hard either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Like the idea of wrapping with Teflon. Old school was wrapping with electrical tape. We even used it on sagging springs which was a big problem with the 70s firebird/camaro. Lift the car then wrap several wraps of the leaf springs. Quiets it up and fixes sag for awhile.

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Like the idea of wrapping with Teflon. Old school was wrapping with electrical tape. We even used it on sagging springs which was a big problem with the 70s firebird/camaro. Lift the car then wrap several wraps of the leaf springs. Quiets it up and fixes sag for awhile.
To quiet polyurethane coil spring cups or body mounts use baby powder when installing them.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yes, the f body front bars will fit. I've done it myself. The biggest I've ever come across on a Camaro is a 34mm. Still bigger than the 1.25 bar the g cars used, the real gem if you find one is in fact the ws6 GTA bar they are 36mm and as far as i remember they were the only f body to get the 36.
They may have also appeared on '80's 3-rd gen. IROC Camaros. I have the Firebird GTA 36mm hollow bar on my car currently. 34mm bars were easier to find. I believe the 32mm bar was a standard F41 issue.

Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Outside of 100 miles, but I am pretty sure I have them on my land.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Thanks CGimbel Downingtown, PA. Facebook Marketplace handle "Chris Parts". Paid $200 for what you see.

He probably has a dozen of these laying around
20240323_145958.jpg

Last edited:

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor