79' buick regal value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
The 78-80 A-body Regal, GP and Cutlass aren't as popular as the Monte or Malibu. I like them because they're different....just not with that red interior. I never see them selling for a lot and the high priced ones sit for a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Just a guess, being a NY car, but I'd be willing to bet there is some serious rust underneath and the rear frame rails are shot.

Kingman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2016
Nassau county, New York
Just a guess, being a NY car, but I'd be willing to bet there is some serious rust underneath and the rear frame rails are shot.
It's funny I just moved the car with him and not far across the street but I looked under quick and there's 9" ford rear in it unknown gears but it's starting to look up. And yes your right I'm jacking the car up tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user

Kingman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2016
Nassau county, New York
The 78-80 A-body Regal, GP and Cutlass aren't as popular as the Monte or Malibu. I like them because they're different....just not with that red interior. I never see them selling for a lot and the high priced ones sit for a long time.
Not a fan of the red but it's clean, very clean. no sun fade dash is beautiful

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I would it check it over thoroughly for rust. It does look pretty clean in the pics, but nice paint can make anything look like a Monet.

The interior does look pretty nice, and I'm not a huge fan of the plush seats. Red is one of those colors that fade badly...I know, I had a red interior in my car originally.

I'd also look it over for how well the work on the car was performed...engine install, 9" rear, etc. In other words, to make sure it's not a hacked together POS.

Good luck! Keep us informed on how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor