83 Hurst/Olds Landau Top ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
88hurstolds said:
gp02a0083 said:
not sure about the H/O specifically. However I did find out from the brochures I have that you could have had a landu top on a legit 442. As 88hurstolds mentioned could have been a dealership only instillation instead of factory
Just curious, what year brochure showed that?
The '83 H/O brochure specifically stated that you couldn't order the C04 option with the W40 option.

I believe that was the brochure for the 1986, being that's the year cutlass I have. Like i said i don't know if it was possible to have a factory or-dealership installed option on the H/O's.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
gp02a0083 said:
not sure about the H/O specifically. However I did find out from the brochures I have that you could have had a landu top on a legit 442. As 88hurstolds mentioned could have been a dealership only instillation instead of factory
Whatever brochure you're reading (which I'd like to see as well) is very likely not accurate. I've enclosed pictures of the Cutlass Salon option availability page from the official 1985 Oldsmobile ordering guide that dealers used. It specifically states that C04 was not available with W42 (and the two tone paint scheme D84 as well), and W42 was not available with C04 among other things. So both could not exist on the same car at the same time. The 84 ordering guide also says W40 not available with C04. VIN9 G-bodies came with no vinyl tops. Dealers did whatever the customer wanted, though when it come to cosmetics. I've seen aftermarket vinyl top 83 H/Os, as well as CONVERTIBLE 83 H/Os. Back in the day, a guy on the Navy base in Charleston, SC had a convertible conversion done on his T-TOP car! Paid about +1/3 of the cost of the car to get it installed. Ooof, that just didn't flow well on that car- top up or down.

Attachments

• C04 na with W42.jpg
    C04 na with W42.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 594
  • W42 package 1985.jpg
    W42 package 1985.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 619

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Is this the brochure? Didn't find anything other than it was one of the available options from the generic list. The only major thing I saw "wrong" in the brochure was the monte carlo mirrors- never factory available but the replacement glass is in the parts book for passenger side ever since. Also says T-tops were available only on Cutlass Supreme on the "Features" pictures, but the options list has it right as (cpe).

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

hajnovak

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2012
scranton Pa
Great information 69hurstolds. I don't believe I've ever seen those wheels on the right w/spokes.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
yah i not sure if that's the same brochure I have, but the two pages you posted look similar except i think mine illustrated the dark blue dash with the rallye pac cluster and different wheel. I haven't dug it outt of my book shelf but i do recall they have a check list grid with the possible options for each model. Those rims look interesting, kinda like the GTA or GN rims. i thought most of the cars came with a 195 or 185 wide tire on the 14's , surprised to see 205 there.

83hurst#1812

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 20, 2014
Spring,Tx
Hi guys,,i'm new here ..I'm the one who bought that car ....It really doesn't look that bad....And i got the dealer sheet with the car ..it does not show a Landau roof option...Another thing with that car..the build sheet show the UM3 am/fm cassette streo,,but the car has the UM6 in it am/fm ,cassette,with auto -reverse,and digital clock ....I had an appraiser/consulting firm in NJ check the car out for me before purchasing...I'm in Houston and have not seen the car with my own eyes ,except for about 300 pics ,that the appraiser took. Transporter picking it up Mondat and bringing it to me.

Look fwd to asking lots of questions and learning..

Erik

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Erik, welcome to the site, good luck with the car. We all know the vinyl is not original, but it's now your car, have a good time driving it. It looked really nice from the pictures I've seen. It was always very common to change the radios, I've even traded in a radio I had in a new Pontiac back to the dealer for a new one that had an 8 track in it, (1978). If you want it totally original, I'm sure you will be able to find the correct radio.

gp02a0083 my Dads 87 Cutlass Supreme Brougham had 205 tires from the factory with the chrome Super Stock wheels, he ordered the car and always order the oversized tires.

The "D" wheels Aluminum-Styled wheels with spokes, I actually really like them, my son hates them, a personal taste kind of thing. They do not look like GTA or GN rims in person, you see them more on 1988 Supreme Classics. It would be nice if they made them in 15" I agree. Found the 2 attached pictures online.

Attachments

• 1987 Cutlass 001.jpg
    1987 Cutlass 001.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 554
  • 1483to.JPG
    1483to.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 420
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor