83 wagon "blue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
As promised, pictures!
Not much to look at now, hopefully in a few months i will be driving it again!
Engine plan is just roll a set of bearings in it, gasket set and run it with a Edelbrock performer and Qjet. Stock cam in this should make for a sweet daily driver.

Attachments

• Engine bay.jpeg
    Engine bay.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 378
  • Wagon without engine.jpeg
    Wagon without engine.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 393

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Talked the wife into a Cadillac 500/th400 for the wagon!

Trading my buddy my 3.42 geared 7.5 for his 2.73 geared 7.5, going to run 235/75r15 tires and open to try and keep the rpms down and not blow the rear axle too quick. Should be a RIOT!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I believe there's a member who has a 500 cu in Caddy in his Malibu wagon. There was also a guy I remember a few years back that had a really cool Malibu wagon done in Hot Rod Flatz burgundy paint. His was also powered by a 500 cube Cadillac .
With the torque those things put out, you won't need lower gears. You're gonna blow the tires off that car. :lol:

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Longroof79 said:
I believe there's a member who has a 500 cu in Caddy in his Malibu wagon. There was also a guy I remember a few years back that had a really cool Malibu wagon done in Hot Rod Flatz burgundy paint. His was also powered by a 500 cube Cadillac .
With the torque those things put out, you won't need lower gears. You're gonna blow the tires off that car. :lol:
Im going UP to 2.73's, I cant wait to feel the torque!!
I do remember reading about that wagon and wanting one, now's my chance to build my own! :wax: :banana:

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Kansas Bu Wagon said:
Any updates on the caddy engine?
The guy called me back a week later and it has a rod knock, I plan on daily driving this thing after the engine swap so I decided to continue with the vortec 350 in search of better mileage. Going to get some pictures of the vortec today and post them for ya guys,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor