83 wagon "blue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Fox80 said:
The ID of the balancer SHOULD be smaller than the OD of the crank that is what they call a press fit, most of the time it's between .00055 and .001 depending on the balancer material, and a installer tool WILL work it is the only way to put one on, when you use the bolts when your first starting to pull the balancer on your only pulling in a few threads, that's why it pulls the threads out, a installer threads all the way to the end of the threads and uses the roller plate to PRESS the balancer on, if you sand that balancer enough you can wipe the key out when it fires up I've seen it happen, and the fact that you heated a stock two piece balancer up with a torch will probably loosen the outer ring, and you will lose your TDC. The balancer is NOT designed to get to 300 degrees, nothing short of the headers under hood is designed to. It's nice that you have friends to help but a friend that will hammer a balancer on is no friend if mine. And age or years of "experience " does not imply knowledge, I know many people twice my age I wouldn't trust to change my lawn mower blade. Buy a installer and install it the proper way before you don't have a motor left to worry about

you obviously didnt read what i wrote, i never put a torch to a balancer and this isnt a STOCK balancer anymore. i had it driven on far enough to have twice the diameter of the bolt in threads engaged, thats as strong as the bolt WILL GET. i havent had it TO 300 degrees but you wouldnt know that because you didnt read what i wrote? i dont care about you or your friends, you have pushed this beyond trying to help somebody on a forum and into talking sh*t and i would appreciate it if you would leave MY build thread with a quickness.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Flag-of-truce-behind-desk.jpg

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
runs, rear springs didnt work out but my buddy donated a set from a 91 caprice wagon so it should ride like a cadillac. it actually runs really well, not finished with accessories or anything but it runs! i need a spring compressor so i can throw my new front springs in.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Glad to hear you got it running. What springs are going up front?

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
just a repop set, they are brand new but i dont remember the brand. so the drivers bank is not oiling, the lifters are not pumping up and i am not getting any oil out of the pushrods... im going to throw a mechanical oil gauge on it and see what the oil pressure is and report back.

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
got it to oil the top end! apparently some carbon got rattled loose and found its was into a few lifters but they all pump up fine now and it runs GREAT! the damper is on the perfect distance and there are no engine vibrations what so ever. engine runs and looks 10X better than it did and doesnt leak oil to boot!

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Well got the wagon running good and all new springs in it! Trans leaked all the fluid out while it was on jackstands so i may be doing a trans sooner rather than later :roll: . The new springs in the front are super stiff and jack the front end WAY up, the rears are SUPER soft but got a bunch of height over the cut BS ones that were in there. Has kind of a 70/80s street machine stance like the crusher camaro that hot rod mag built. May be picking up a 200r4 for it sometime soon!

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
yes it does have a engine in it, going to mount some larger rear tires to even it out a little.

Attachments

• Gasser.jpg
    Gasser.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 525

sbc383rulz

Apprentice
Jul 1, 2013
Western Washington
Got the wagon all together and driving! Replaced the carb with another edelbrock 600 and it runs much better, replaced the vacuum modulator on the th350 and it shifts through all 3 gears now! also threw a filter and 7 quarts of oil at the trans too. drove it to school today and the damn thing quit charging, alternator is good according to napa so let the troubleshooting begin!

1SlowBu

Greasemonkey
Jun 17, 2011
Nice car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor