86 GP project

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Today I decided to scrub the car down and see what I’m working with a far as dents. I also degreased under the hood. Next step will be to weed out all of the emissions wiring, as I don’t have an engine that will be using any of that.
I also vacuumed out the interior. Looks like aside from the headliner, and drivers seat, it’s mint. Anyone need a kenwood six disc changer?
IMG_9211.jpeg
IMG_9210.jpeg
IMG_9209.jpeg
IMG_9208.jpeg
IMG_9206.jpeg
IMG_9205.jpeg
IMG_9204.jpeg
IMG_9203.jpeg
IMG_9202.jpeg
IMG_9201.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
I just took ownership of this solid 86 GP. Not sure what direction I’ll be going with it yet. Came with another 2+2 nose, NOS door skins, lower chrome, gauge surround, quarter glass, and window trim. The car is pretty rust free, especially for a car that’s been sitting out in the elements for 5 years. Unfortunately no engine, trans, or driveshaft, and the windshield is cracked. I really don’t need another car but I tried to buy this car a few years ago, and was told no. The owner called me out of the blue and decided to sell, so I jumped on it. It’s behind my buddy’s shop, and I don’t have to move it any time soon so I have time to figure out my plan.
I may fix the couple of dents, drop in a sbc and use it. Time will tell.
I need the short chrome at the bottom of the passenger side front fender.
If you have would you be willing to sell to me?

Thank you

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I need the short chrome at the bottom of the passenger side front fender.
If you have would you be willing to sell to me?

Thank you
I have someone that’s supposed to buy the full set, but you know how that goes. I’ll let you know.

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
No real work on the car this weekend. I brought home the other front end, and I sanded the front and rear windshield trim.

Reactions: 1 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
Picked up a torque converter on Friday. Also have a full v belt accessory drive to mock up. I also picked a serpentine setup, but no ac compressor. I also ordered a new distributor, wires, and assorted bolts.
This is why when you plan on doing an ls swap, you don’t just pull the engine a toss it in the garbage. Just makes no sense to me to throw everything away.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor