87 Cutlass Project #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
well. shes finally legal for 10 days lol, gotta get it appraised and get my gauges working before i can drive it everyday for good, im going to take her out and do a quick photoshoot shortly and ill be back to post pics, body work hasnt gone far from where it was, just started to strip down the paint from the body line down, still working on the pass side, about 2-3 hours a week kindof thing, going to get all paint stripped and then go get it appraised, gotta pay taxes on what it's worth, so why not make it look like sh*t. but anyways gimme a few hours and ill have recent updated pics of the pos lol

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
well here\s pics, and ill just leave my photo bucket link here too, incase theres pics i havent posted, theres work pics inthere too, ignore those :p busses and cars and sh*t....

IMG_4354.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

IMG_4352.jpg

IMG_4351.jpg

link to photobucket- http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/ac217/drunkenjustin/

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
looks like the perfect candidate for a $50.00 rustoleum/tremclad paint job. Maybe start from the bodyline down in a blood red or semi-glass black the whole thing ???

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
axisg said:
looks like the perfect candidate for a $50.00 rustoleum/tremclad paint job. Maybe start from the bodyline down in a blood red or semi-glass black the whole thing ???

it's going bodyline down semi gloss black for now, until i rip the vynil roof off in a week or two possibly, i have a guy quoting me 500 for a matte black paintjob if i bring it to him completely prepped and ready to prime, block & paint :), shes my lil beater, shes got a missfire in one piston, no clue which one it is, but that will be addressed friday when i pick up new cap, plugs, wires, and rotor, eventually itll get a 6al box and msd dizzy, but thats for the new motor :) hopefully my spring deadline for the new motor will come true, just havent started my fund just yet, everypaycheck pretty much goes into parts some how lol, either it be sandpaper or needed parts... ohwell lol itll get there.

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
so got bored yesterday, and it was raining on and off. so i decided to pull my valve covers and clean them up a bit. heres pics.

IMAG0047-1.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

it's amazing what a little paint can do ehh,

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
i have to get the framerail redone anyways, it's cracked all across the bottom of that piece and the bodymount is like a mm thick, it's going to cost me 300 bucks to take it out to hamilton and get it done, but thats the LASST thing becofre it's done

Sep 10, 2011
Hey guys I have a few questions. I'm having some problems with my build i'm doing. I have a 86 olds 442 that i swap the motor and put in a sbc 383 I've been building. first i hooked up the starter and had dash lights and tried to bump over the motor but nothing happened. Checked all my wires and it was all ok. Then tried it again and now I have no power anywhere no dash lights, I'm lost when it comes to wiring issues if anyone could help it would be great. Thanks

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
sbc383stroker said:
Hey guys I have a few questions. I'm having some problems with my build i'm doing. I have a 86 olds 442 that i swap the motor and put in a sbc 383 I've been building. first i hooked up the starter and had dash lights and tried to bump over the motor but nothing happened. Checked all my wires and it was all ok. Then tried it again and now I have no power anywhere no dash lights, I'm lost when it comes to wiring issues if anyone could help it would be great. Thanks

not to be a douche, but maybe you should start your own thread, mynes pretty dead, but take a test light to everything and check to see if you have a charge in the battery, it might be dead, you never know, but my threads pretty dead,

BUTTTTT i have an update, i spent a majority of today sanding down my driverside, until my sander sh*t the bed, but i went out and picked up a new sander, so progress will continue tommorrow, no pics as of how she sits now, but im contemplating on just sanding and priming the whole front clip, then doing everything else bodyline down until i get to ripping the softtop off of the thing, but im gonna go outside and take a bunch of pics and pop them into my photobucket :), and i seem to have a little hole starting to grow on the lower part of the quarter, should i just cut out the cancer and rivit in a piece behind it, and follow up with some filler to clean it up or??

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
hey guys, got a bit of an update, so i may or may not have mentioned that i wanted to convert it over to a hardtop car, so early last week i was outside working on the rear quarter, then decided to rip off the trim holding the vynil down, then started ripping off the vynil, soon enough from what started out as a trim piece, i had a layer of foam across my roof, so i run inside and grab some kind of wedge and start at the foam,

this is a pic of the morning after i ripped it off,

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

this is a pic of the car from 2 days ago

IMAG0062.jpg

and the loving girlfriend bought me a wheel for our one year anniversery :)

IMAG0063.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor