87 Cutlass Project #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
i believe it's burgandy, or the ownership says so, ill snap a pic of the rpo codes under thhe trunk lid and im hoping someone can help me decypher it, when i pulled the carpet up, i think i may have found a build sheet under the rug on the transmission tunnel, and there was another one above the headliner when i pulled it, ill snap pix of those as well, it's not too bad of a colour, just needs a nice buff & shine, shouldnt look too bad, it's going to need a respray though, got a little bit of rust to take care of, and i guess i could do that, the only thing is im worried about my gas lines that i have routed, instead of using rubber hose-steel line-rubberhose- steel line coming off the tank i went straight from sending unit-fuel lines with rubber, it's held up above the exhaust, but im worried the heat off the muffler is going to melt the fuel line? any opinions?, it's no biggie if i have to drop the tank again, as i didnt hook up the hot to the sending unit cuz im an idiot lol... but shes coming together slowly, motor looks alot better than it did :), the floors are going to be rivited,sealed & welded...that is all, will get somemore pics of it soon, also buying my gf a 91 honda prelude with 4 wheel steer, 5 speed swapped less than a month ago, know the guy who used to own it, & fresher motor :) wish me luck on the honda..... (personally i hate honda but w.e to see her happy :))

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
i've started tackling the floors and they ended up being a little more rotted than i figured, but ground them down, found all the little pin holes. the only pan im debating on cutting out & remaking is the pan in the front just before the pedals, and i coated the pass side with rubber asphalt coasting but ended up finding a hole in the floor up front.. so going to grind it down, seal & rivit, then im going to lay down about 4 cans of the rubber asphault coating then start putting the interior back together, taking it over to the shop i work at, pop it up on the hoist, and do the work on the bottom of the car & potentially put another piece of sheet under all of the holes on the bottom side of the car and rivit those in aswell. ill post up some pictures in a few days, just figured i'd keep updating this thread even if noone looks at it :)

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
my vinyl top is coming off and car is going semi gloss black, floors are done, motor is running, brakes are being done right now, have the front calipers & flex lines done and bled, doing the rears, got the new lines over the axle to the brake cylinder, but broke the bleeder valve on the right rear, so im going to be getting new brake cylinders, spring kit, and drums tommorrow, going to get those in, and have a stock monte carlo exhaust coming on sat, going to put a glass pack halfway down the car and get a flowmaster muffler for it, get the idler arm put on, and do my trans mount, then to take it to hamilton to get the right rear frame rail done on it, then it's on the road for about 3 months, then it goes into the garage for a motor/transmission swap, then 4 months after that all the suspension is going to be upgraded to sphon equipment with a 2 inch drop all around, with some zq8 rims, then corvette brake upgrade, then to tackle the interior, i've got my front buckets, once theyre in and i have my centerconsole, im going to be taking the back seat to get redone in the black and red leather that i have for the front seats, so roughly about a year before it's going to be where i want it for my first stage :p, then another cutlass comes into the pic and it gets a frame off resto :)

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
exhaust comes in today :) pix to come later possibly, depends on what time i get home and stuff :) busy weekend, no work on the car, but monday night im going to be getting the rear brakes together, with new brake cylinders and spring kit, bleed the brakes, then start to tackle hanging the exhaust, i got an exhaust from an 88 monte with the duals out to the bumper, thinking about putting a glass pack halfway down the pipe, then later on a flowmaster muffler after the axle before the duals :) gonna sound purtyyy lol

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
yep... no exhaust yet, kc auto ordered me the wrong one, it's a true dual, hurst olds exhaust, so im not exactly sure on how it's going to work, but if i can im going to get the stock cross member notched and run the true dual, but that all depends on the situation, also need to run a high flow cat, as mynes all rotted, and i'd like to have most of my perf stuff for underside there before i get the motor, :) cheers, pix will come as i take them, sorry i've been slacking :), got the rear lines, brake cylinders, and spring kit all done up, just need to dart out and grab some dot 4 blue fluid, bleed all 4 with the stuff, and im going to start tackling my transmission mount, then possibly try to get my idler arm done up and on :), like i said pix are to come :)

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
okay, so i've got some parts and started in with my own personal touch... heres some pics exhaust
Photo0317.jpg

Photo0324.jpg

paint

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

body work begins

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

Dragonist

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2010
Dallas, Tx
looking good

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
okay, so i've started the body work, and it's off to the shop for final mechanical work, should have it back on friday night. then going to start stage 2 of the body work on the right side, aaaanywaaayysss heres recent pics from after i dropped it off at the shop.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor