An Engine Swap You've NEVER Seen Before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
sounds like a pissed off chain saw with chambered mufflers. inmo that's a pointless swap. all the money to swap that in and make it work. only to have an under powered muscle car that sounds terrible. i have nothing against rotary powered cars, i think they're pretty cool. the rpm's those motors spin are mind boggling. but with almost non existent torque there really isnt much for benefits. fuel efficiency isnt great on rotary motors to begin with, then moving all that weight :rofl: .

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
If his goal with the build was to have sex with guys, I'd say he's on the right track...

A buddy of mine I used to work with had an '87 or so turbo RX-7.
It was a nice little car, but even with the mods he did, I wasn't impressed... And a Nova is over 1000 lbs heavier.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
He's probably managed to piss off every niche of the automotive world. My hat's off and I salute him :notworthy: .

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 391
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
DRIVEN said:
He's probably managed to piss off every niche of the automotive world. My hat's off and I salute him :notworthy: .
My thoughts exactly!

kyhunter89

Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
beautiful welds.. i wanna see over 50 psi or no cookie

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
outsider_27 said:
I thought it was gonna be putting an Olds engine in a Chevy. :(

Already have a factory-installed 307 Olds in my 86 Caprice wagon.

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
joe_padavano said:
outsider_27 said:
I thought it was gonna be putting an Olds engine in a Chevy. :(

Already have a factory-installed 307 Olds in my 86 Caprice wagon.

I know they installed 307s across the board from the factory, but as far as swaps go, people like to remove the Olds for a Chevy. I have heard very few the other way around.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
83cutlassowner said:
sounds like a pissed off chain saw with chambered mufflers. inmo that's a pointless swap. all the money to swap that in and make it work. only to have an under powered muscle car that sounds terrible. i have nothing against rotary powered cars, i think they're pretty cool. the rpm's those motors spin are mind boggling. but with almost non existent torque there really isnt much for benefits. fuel efficiency isnt great on rotary motors to begin with, then moving all that weight :rofl: .

He said the car weighs 2700 lbs. I don't think it's that much weight to be moving around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor