Anti car jacking thought

kkgkeane

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2023
In the even I was carjacked, I am thinking about installing a timer switch haven't figured that part out yet) but if I connect one side of the switch to the negative side of the coil and the other side to a ground, it should kill the engine I believe, question would this actually kill the engine and if so would it do any damage killing this engine in this manner. It would give me enough time to get away, but kill the car after a short time period , maybe 15 seconds. I might look at a switch that has a pin with a small wire I would pull with my pinky as I unfasten my seatbelt. Thanks for any input/ideas.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I have a device that works quite well for anti-carjacking.

Cutting the ground side works to shut off 99% of electronics. Question becomes how are you going to activate it, you mention the seat belt pinky idea but keep in mind if in the event of that happening you'll remember that over your adrenaline pumping and who knows what other factors.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
when they crash they would sue you
This right here, will consider it along the lines of a "booby trap".

Or in the legal sense, whatever is needed to stop the threat. Simpler in court.

Reactions: 1 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I love our American ways of dealing with dumb shiit. However, dealing with that in an anti-American state is problematic. Maybe a remote activated relay activated kill switch?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That's the thing, if the perp takes the car and gets in a crash, those wonderful criminal-is-a-victim states will fry you.

Not saying they won't if you pop them but one of the two situations has less gray area.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I'm in favor of the Mad Max idea.

Working with existing circuitry. The best might be tie into the dome light switch. KOEO energizes circuit, opening the door would energize the anti Carjack timer. Of course the problem is obvious when you are driving and open the door and forget to disable it. You would have to have a bypass switch for that issue.

Electrically bypass any of the major sensors and it will go into limpy. Their getaway won't be fast. Put and timer on the fuel pump and engine stops.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I've got an even better one.. Old school high beam headlight switch on the floor up somewhere basically you tap it as you are getting out of the car. Have it wired into Fuel Pump Relay Ground. Car shuts off don't know what happened shitbag moves on to another car.

Again tho it's a matter of training and remembering to do it under duress.

I'll take my training more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor