Anyone have a junk frame? I need a piece from a bad chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re: Anyone have a junk frame? I need a piece from a bad chas

87 GN said:
That would be awesome. I just need that piece if its reasonable Ill take it. I would have bought the whole rail kit if I really needed it. If its not to much trouble I would appreciate the help and it would save me from fabbing one up and it would speed up the process of putting the body back on the chassis

He will sell me that piece separate and it's a whopping $10. I'll get it and send it to you and you can pay me for the shipping and the part after you get it. I'll let you know when I have it and then you can pm me where you want it shipped to. I'll mark it a used part and a gift so it should sneak by without any duty

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

Thats awesome thanks so much for the help. Ill look for pm.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

You're a good man, Steve.
A true enthusiast.. always willing to help another car guy.
Kudos to you, buddy. :D

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.

conrad seems to be a good guy, sent me the fixtures for the rear bodymounts pretty cheap..guys like him helping to keep our cars alive 8)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Longroof79 said:
You're a good man, Steve.
A true enthusiast.. always willing to help another car guy.
Kudos to you, buddy. :D

thanks, I get enjoyment out of helping others. To pick up the part is just 1/2 hour away and I like driving so I'll pick up a coffee and jump in the jeep. I have never met Conrad so that will be interesting and I'll pass on the compliments that some you have posted.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Got the part. Conrad is a really nice guy and he has a well equipped shop. Just pm me your address and I'll send it to you. One thing that Conrad mentioned to me the second hole from the end of the other rear rail is in the wrong location for a wagon. You will see where the hole should be when you look at the rail for a wagon. I don't know if you already knew that.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

That's strange, I thought you were in a hurry to get this part but I have not heard from you...

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

Sorry I didn't see an email that there was a reply to the thread, and forgot to look yesterday. I will send you a PM shortly.

Yes the 2nd location your referring to is wrong for a wagon but correct for a sedan. With my wagon riding on a GN frame there was no way to install a bolt in the proper wagon bushing location cause the perch was missing on the passengers side rail so they just sandwiched the bushing between the body with no bolt. Now with the part you were able to get for me I can weld it to the pass side frame rail to locate the 2nd/last bushing in the correct location and will be able to use a body bolt to fasten the body to the chassis correctly. Hope that makes sense... Thanks Again for the help! :D

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

Marked up a some quick sketch's of the differences between sedan & wagon and my plan to make the changes to the frame I have.

framesedan_zpsb41e96f0.jpg

framewagon_zps67dc279b.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Originally I thought you had a wagon frame, until you mentioned that it was from a GN. The previous owner obviously had cut a few corners when he put the body on that frame. I guess now is the time to correct these things. You're certainly going about it the right way. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor