Anyone have a junk frame? I need a piece from a bad chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re: Anyone have a junk frame? I need a piece from a bad chas

liquidh8 said:
Ed, that my friend is good to know. I will be yanking the body off the chassis on my wagon here in the coming weeks so I can get it sandblasted, boxed, rewelded, ect. I had been contemplating getting another frame and doing this stuff to it, then a one for one swap.

In any case, thanks for the information and the pictures. :D

when you are boxing it bolt in the transmission crossmember and it wouldn't be a bad idea to tack a piece from side to side so the frame doesn't bow out when you are boxing it....I didn't and it was a b!tch to pull it back in after boxing it.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Great tip right there! :D I will be adding some angle to keep the rails the right width, and triangulated for square. I should be good.

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

Resurrecting this thread, wondering if anyone has or can get me the measurement for the drivers side frame rail hole I will need to cut in my frame. This would be for the first bushing behind the drivers side rear tire I am being told the chassis will be needed in early Feb so we can mount the body. This is the last piece I need to sort out to have it ready.

I can always figure it out at the shop but it will require lowering and sitting the body on and off the frame several times to get the location correct and then time to cut it out and then repaint, wait for paint to dry, etc...

Trying to speed it up if I had the measurements it would be very helpful. Thanks

framewagon_zps67dc279b.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

what about taking the measurement from the bushing location behind it on the body and transferring that measurement onto the frame

GRIFF442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 9, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida

Ed, I will get you hooked up with some templates to make it perfect.....a wagon this nice deserves to be done 100%

87 GN

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2009
Philly Area

GRIFF442 said:
Ed, I will get you hooked up with some templates to make it perfect.....a wagon this nice deserves to be done 100%

Thanks! I responded in the other thread, let me know what you come up with I really appreciate it.

After I am done with my frame I will update the thread with the exact measurements, etc... In case anyone else ever wants to do this in the future they can look up the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor