Bucket seat latches

Status
Not open for further replies.

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
Hey everyone,
I haven't posted on here in ages, but we're still working on the wagon.
I picked up a set of blue Gbody buckets for the awesome price of free.99 to put in the wagon
Problem is the latch on the back to fold the seats forward doesn't seem to do anything.
The seat folds forward freely..:wtf:
Has anyone had this issue and know a fix for it.
below are some pics of the seats and the Bu as it sits now 11yrs later.:D
709D9E8B-4044-4A65-9DD3-28290274CCF1_zpsrq7wkg6w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1DDAF11E-3BBF-4191-9B00-303F593467EC_zpshjcsexur.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Holy s**t, Dave!
It's good to see you back on the wagon again...I personally thought you gave up on it.
I know...watching Pitbull and Leepu on TV has given you new inspiration. :p
Sorry I can't answer your question at this time, but maybe taking the seatback off, you might be able to get a birds eye view of what's going on in there...
What have you done on it so far? I see it's all matte black...it looks cool. Good score on the seats...;)

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I have the same issue on both seats in my Monte Carlo. Have yet to figure it out. It was like that when I purchased it.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Come to think of it, I think one of my seats also seems to have an intermittent problem with one of the seat back latches.

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
Yep.. Im still kicking, Jack. The wagon's been built for my son now. He's 17 now and taking his road test soon.
Time sure does fly :p
I've seen your wagon thread, Jack. looks awesome!!. You got a lot done and top notch work there..
The bumpers look great.:mrgreen:
I'm gonna take the bottom covers apart and look at that plastic spool that the strap rolls onto and see what the situation is..

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Dave,
It's good to see that the car will remain in the family. I'm sure Dad will keep it maintained for sonny boy.;) Is he enthusiastic about getting the car?

Thanks for your kind words and complements. Time does fly by when you're having fun...
I guess the big block will no longer go into it, huh?

Hope it's been good boating season for you.
Good luck on your seat repair. Let us know what you find.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Don't think you will find anyone that has a working seat back latch on these seats, "yes sarcasm sorry" the bucket seats don't have a latch that needs released to lean the back forward, don't think the 60/40 seats do either. Believe this latch is to work something like the seat belts that lock up when your in an accident. Again sorry for the sarcasm.

Mark

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
Mark,
I thought that at first too
But if you look in the pic or on your seats (if ya have buckets) There is a lever to lift. It's gotta be there for a reason, and others have said that it does work.

Mat1227

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2010
Richfield, Ohio
Bought my 87 442 new, asked about them then, said they are a safety device, and you don't need to pull that latch to lean the seats forward, Dad had an 87 Supreme Brougham, and Mother had a 85 Supreme Brougham, all had the same latch on the back, 60/40 and bucket seats. They are a safety lever, and the people that have told you they need to lift this lever to lean the seats, their seats lever is not working properly, just a guess, but the cars that need to lift the lever may have been in an accident, and like seat belts, they should be replaced if you are using seat belts and are in an accident. I'm not trying to be a smart *ss or anything like that, sorry if that's the way my post sounds. Assume you are trying to stop the seats from leaning at all since your wagon is a 4 door, I believe there are a couple of holes that align at the hinge area that you could put a small bolt through, are your seats reclining buckets, they may have different hinges.

Mark

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
Well I guess they are fine then.. Thanks :)
If it ain't broke..
Don't fix it.
I just gotta figure out the seat brackets. One of the seats seem to have brackets from something other than a Gbody and the other bracket set is on the wrong side seat. I'll post some pics later.
I bought the inner floor mounts from someone on another site years ago. Just gotta clean em up and figure out where they go so we can weld em in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor