Help: Identify this bucket seat

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Roger that. I saw that set of upholstery but needed to confirm that I had low back. Thanks guys.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
BigBlock, I Just spoke with Stock Interiors' rep regarding their upholstery and, as expected, they won't split sets. So, I guess once I submit my order and receive both front and rear upholstery, I'll have a rear seat to get rid of. The rep said their manufacturing company is in CA and it'll take 2-3 months. Once again, a subcontractor/vendor! I'm now awaiting the samples I requested.

2A-1F, thanks for identifying the bucket seat as low back. I believed that's what they were but just needed confirmation since ordering upholstery from Stock Interiors is made-to-order work.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Yeah I think when I ordered mine it took a couple months from stock interiors same deal when I ordered my seats from Cerullo

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
The clock is ticking on my order of replacement upholstery from Stock Interiors. Hopefully, Stock Interior's manufacturing vendor will be able to sew and deliver my set of upholstery sooner rather than later.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Acme covers are available on Rockauto, and usually you can buy just the fronts or a full set.

Reactions: 1 users

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Thanks Ribbedroof. I'm certain others looking for replacement upholstery find this tip helpful.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Acme covers are available on Rockauto, and usually you can buy just the fronts or a full set.

Same with ACC carpet, which is basically the only carpet option for our cars or dominates the market anyway. Cheaper on there than anywhere else too, I believe.

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
There’s a place out of Texas that I can’t remember the name of but made a set for my brother and some other people he knows. They were Almost perfect fit on mid and late Mopars but they do G bodies. I just didn’t save the place 😞. But will try and find out again.

Last edited:

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
20230927_135719.jpg
20230927_135812.jpg

UPDATE: Today, the replacement upholstery that I had ordered from Stock Interiors the last week of August arrived. While I has hoping it would not take the full/stated 2-3 months to fulfill my order, I certainly did not expect it to be less than a month. As you can see in the pictures above, the colors are great and match the maroon of my carpet, dash, and all other interior trim. Now to begin the process of restoring the interior in my El Camino.

While awaiting the arrival of the upholstery, I've contemplated whether to take on the challenge to rebuild the seats myself. In addition to these new covers, I purchased new seat foam sets from PUI and I plan to firm up the seat bottom by installing new lower springs. The other option is to have a professional upholstery guy put them together. Regardless, when these 1983 Monte Carlo bucket seats are done, they will essentially be brand new.

If I decide to turn this into a DIY project, the plan is to capture and take pictures of each step to share with all of you.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor