bucket seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
ok i didn't really have much time to search but when I did i couldnt find it, but I know someone posted it once...

before i asked about racing seats and a few people said just buy these theyr cheaper... well i cant remember what car i was recommended to buy seats out of and there were a couple like a 90's monte carlo i think but I'm going to the junkyard in a few hours and I'm trying to finish up doing what I'm doing first but can someone tell me what car has good sturdy racingish bucket seats from the 90s that would fit without modding or creating... oh and that were more than likely manual seat please but beggers cant be choosers lol thanks everybody

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
I got my buckets out of a 1993+ camaro

they fit on my tracks off the bench but will be unable to adjust the seat while its in and takes a little muscle to stretch it on one side of the tracks so the holes line up with the brackets since the bench is wider than buckets

bucket tracks out of another monte/regal/cutlass etc should fix that

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I think someone said something about seats from mazdas or another car like that. Im just using buckets from a newer Colorado, theres not a lot of fabrication except the holes you need to drill :p

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
If anyone wants BOLT IN racing seats like these, I can get them for you $508 shipped. The come with custom made brackets, but you must have the mounting provisions from a split bench or buckets already.

a91.jpg

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
Tony_SS said:
If anyone wants BOLT IN racing seats like these, I can get them for you $508 shipped. The come with custom made brackets, but you must have the mounting provisions from a split bench or buckets already.

a91.jpg
wow those are wicked nice seats and a wicked nice interior!

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
yeah i have to say that car is clean as ****

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
you dont like factory buckets from our year cars? they were kinda blah till i had them recovered a few years back. now they look sweet. way better than the velour pillow top split bench it came with (except they were power)

myseats.jpg

HILTON

Apprentice
Apr 29, 2010
I have an 82 Cutlass Calais and it has bucket seats. but the Cutlass buckets had that stupid chrome plastic trim that every cutlass ive seen that had original buckets was either missing or holding on by a thread. So I too would like a different set of buckets. One day I will be able to afford that bad *ss seats. but until then junkyard fines are better lol

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
mebe007 said:
you dont like factory buckets from our year cars? they were kinda blah till i had them recovered a few years back. now they look sweet. way better than the velour pillow top split bench it came with (except they were power)

myseats.jpg

Not gonna lie you have shown me the light... those look sexy... IV never seen body buckets recovered... I only see them in sh*t in my eyes awful red haha which might look good in a red car.... with cloth interior and stuff but it def won't fly in my car... yeah gratz cuz those look really sexy and I know an upholsterer that lives like a mile from my house.... although just a quick question, do you fly out of the seat in you take a sharp turn?.... that's really what I'm trying to solve, I'd keep the bench for my dog but sliding out of the seat in an 80 degree hard bend at 60 is really awful.... I know most of it is suspension but the seats help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor