Bunch-o-wagons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wants_a_wagon said:
I found a couple regals on ebay and Craigslist, but noting has worked out yet, mostly due to one of those hickups in life that happen from time to time. I had a drain back up, a wheelbearing burn out in my daily driver buick, and two elderly dogs get put down after expensive treatments, all in the space of two weeks.

Spare cash tends to suffer in those scenarios, in my experience.
==========================================================================================================
Take care of what's important in your life. Life does have a way of throwing curves at you from time to time. The right deal will come along.
Spare cash?? What's that? Spare cash is a luxury these days.

Sorry for your loss, man.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
things are much better now. I am talking to a guy about a buick. I'm hopeful.

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass CRUISER
1979 OLDS CUTLASS CRUISER WAGON V-8 A/C ORIG! HOT ROD

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A "LITTLE OLD LADY" 1979 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS CRUISER WAGON. THIS CAR IS AN EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN ORIGINAL SURVIVOR. IT HAS 96,564 ORIGINAL MILES!
THE BODY IS CLEAN AND 99% RUST FREE AND IS STRAIGHT. THE PAINT IS FADED SLIGHTLY AND APPEARS TO LOOK ORIGINAL.
THE CAR DRIVES EXCELLENT, HANDLES WELL AND STOPS GOOD. IT HAS FAIRLY NEW TIRES. AND CRUISES VERY SMOOTH.
THE ENGINE IS A 260 V-8. STARTS AND RUNS GOOD. WE CHANGED THE FUEL PUMP, WATERPUMP AND OVERHAULED THE CARB, CHANGED THE OIL/FILTER. WHEN ITS COLD, ONE OR TWO OF THE LIFTERS TICK, WHEN ITS WARM THE TICK IS GONE. MY QUESS IS IT NEEDS TO BE DRIVEN. THIS CAR HASNT BEEN OVER 40 MPH IN A LONG TIME. THE 3 SPEED AUTO. TRANSMISSION SHIFTS GREAT.
AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICS, THE INTERIOR IS ALL ORIGINAL OTHER THAN THE CD PLAYER. THERE ARE NO RIPPS OR TEARS. THE CARPET HAS MINOR STAINING WHERE YOU PLACE YOUR FEET(NORMAL WEAR).
THE A/C HAS BEEN RETROFITED TO 134A REFRIGERANT, AND WORKS GREAT.
THIS IS A DRIVE ANYWHERE CAR. NEEDS NOTHING BUT A DRIVER.
MAKE A GREAT SLEEPER OR HOT ROD!
ANY QUESTIONS OR SEE IT, CONTACT ME OR CALL 1-931-607-9579 (ROBERT)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...651029&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

normal_Picture_1%7E0.png

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
83' BUICK REGAL WAGON
1983 BUICK REGAL WAGON

This is a very rare station wagon. The outside color is a two tone gray/green and gray interior. I lost my job so need to sell. The car has been sitting.

* No motor
* No transmission
* No rotten panels
* New front end
* Ready for any GM set up
* Clear title

This is a pick-up only item! Will not ship!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...772320&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Picture_1%7E1.png

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
It's back, again.

1980 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS CRUISER WAGON HURST/OLDS CLONE
Mileage: 150,000 miles
Vehicle Information
VIN: 3H35NAR463501 | See the free Vehicle History Report
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
Title: Clear
Condition: Used
For sale by: Private seller
Features
Body type: Wagon Engine: 8 Cylinder Exterior color: White
Transmission: Automatic Fuel type: Gasoline Interior color: Tan
Disability equipped: --
More Information
Options
Cassette player
Power options
Cruise control Power locks Power windows
Air conditioning

I bought this car in September of this year as it was just what I was looking for. As an Olds lover and a wagon lover, it was a perfect fit. But as it happens sometimes, life does not always go the way you plan and both this car and another one I bought at the same time are going up for sale in order to pay for some unexpected financial issues. I really hate to have to sell either of these cars as I went to alot of trouble and expence to have them shipped to me, with the intetion of keeping them. So please check my other auctions as well.

What we have here is a car that was never made by Oldsmobile. But what if they built such a car? I've seen many 442 wagons made from the '68 - '72 bodystyle. But this is the first G body wagon I've seen done like this. Based on the desireable '79 Hurst/Olds, this wagon started life as an '80 Cutlass Cruiser wagon, woodgrain sides and all. Over the last 12 or so years, the previous owner Randy Jung of Minnesota, spent much time and money turning an ordinary grocery getter into this very cool Hurst/Olds wagon. This info is from the previous owner. "1976 350 Olds engine, new Performer cam and intake, Holley Street Avenger carb., new high volume oil pump, double roller timing chain, valve springs, water pump and all gaskets. The rebuilt TH350 transmission and 2.73 posi rearend are from a '79 Hurst/ Olds. The rebuilt quick-ratio steering box and the larger factory sway bars are from the same car. The bushings were replaced with urethane. The car has been lowered 2" with Rancho springs and has new Monroe gas shocks. Brand new 4 core radiator this year and a transmission cooler as well. It has a heavy duty clutch fan along with a thermostatically controlled electric pusher fan. It also has a brand new A/C compressor and has been switched to 134a. New headliner, buckets seats and carpet inside along with the addition of a console and corresponding steering column. The brakes have been completely gone through and new tires in 2000. It also has a true dual exhaust with crossover pipe. "

While there are now 442 emblems on the car, which the previous owner had custom made, I was going to find some Hurst/Olds emblems to replace them as that is really what the car was done to look like. It has the Hurst/Olds tach dash, buckets, console, steering wheel, wheels, suspension and more, so might as well finish it off with the emblems. The only item not installed is the Hurst/Old his/hers shifter that was used in the '79 H/O. However, I do have one and it will be included with the sale. It is the correct shifter for the '79 H/O, but needs the top plate, which is just a cosmetic item.

The interior is very nice with the correct high back buckets, upholstery was totally redone. All accessories work except for the cruise control. A/C blows cold, power windows, vents and locks all work properly, Kenwood stereo with amp and equalizer also work nicely. It also has a tilt wheel, factory digital clock, working tach and guage package, rear window defogger and power rear vent windows. The car has "old school" glass-pac mufflers which give it a great deep rumble, very different from today's more common Flowmasters. I've put just a few hundred miles on her, she cruises very nicely, smooth and comfortable, and handles surprisingly well, especially with the quick ratio steering box and FAT anti-sway bars, as well as urethane bushings. The G body cars were not huge to begin with, not like the lumbering full size GM Estate Wagons made from '77 - '90 with their gutless 305 V8's. This one handles quite well. The 1976 vintage 350/4bbl has been built mildly to provide ample punch for this car, far superior to the smogged out engine it replaced. In fact, it would probably outrun a stock '79 H/O, but with 2.73 rear end gears, does not suck huge amounts of fuel.

I really have to give Randy, his due. He really built this car well, using mostly quality GM parts, and it shows. That's why I wanted it. The body was completely de-trimmed, stripped to bare metal and thoroughly blocked to make this a very nice straight car. (Included with the car are old photographs when the cars was in the process in Randy's garage.) It appears rock-solid. The only rust he encountered was in the doors and he replaced all 4 with nice clean original doors. All door jambs were done when the car was painted about 10 years ago. The wetsanded and buffed two stage paint is quite beautiful and defies it's age. The paint scheme was done to resemble the '79 Hurst/Olds with the Gold Metallic/Cameo White 2 tone, as Olds did it. It has held up amazingly well. There are just a couple of very minor chips from normal use as would be expected. But the quality/durability of the bodywork and paint are a true testimate to the workmanship done. It has zero rust issues now, no bubbles coming through, solid floors, just the way you want it.

The car is not perfect mind you. It is a driver, not a trailer queen. This car could not be built for my Buy it Now price of $8950. Think about it, find a decent wagon, rebuild the drivetrain and suspension, do the mods that have been done, do the interior, paint body, etc, etc, and you find yourself well over the $10000 mark. With the exception of the cruise control not working, it's pretty much a turn-key car, starts right up, idles nicely, accelerates strong, sounds great, runs cool, strong oil pressure, no smoking, no funny noises and very reliable. In fact, Randy took this very car on 3 seperate Hot Rod Power Tours, never having a single issue. This is one of those cars you just have a good feeling about as soon as you sit behind the wheel. So if you are looking for a really nice wagon, built right, that you can actually drive without having to be under the hood every weekend, take a close look.

SO THERE IS NO CONFUSION, WHEN YOU REGISTER A CAR IN VERMONT AS WITH SOME OTHER STATES, THEY DO NOT ISSUE YOU A NEW TITLE ON VEHICLES 15 YEARS OR OLDER. YOU GET TO KEEP THE PREVIOUS TITLE AND THEY ISSUE YOU A REGISTRATION CARD AND STICKERS FOR YOUR NEW PLATES. THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE HERE. I GUARANTEE 100% THAT YOU WILLL HAVE NO PROBLEMS REGISTERING THIS CAR IN YOUR HOME STATE. ONCE YOUR DMV SEES IT HAS COME FROM A NON-TITLE STATE, THEY WILL ISSUE YOU A NEW TITLE FROM YOUR STATE. FEEL FREE TO CHECK WITH YOU LOCAL DMV. I HAVE SOLD OLDER CARS IN THE PAST AND IT HAS NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE, NEW YORK, CALIFORNIA AND INBETWEEN, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. PLEASE DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH A CAR THAT HAS NO TITLE, TOTALLY DIFFERENT. THIS CAR IS 100% LEGAL, REGISTERED, ROADWORTHY AND INSURED THROUGH HAGERTY IN MY NAME IN THE STATE OF VERMONT. THANKS

I HAVE AN ADDITIONAL 50 PICTURES I CAN SEND, ENGINE COMP, UNDERSIDE AND MORE, BUT WILL NEED YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT 802 485-7411 UNTIL 10PM EASTERN TIME/7PM PACIFIC. ASK ME ABOUT STORAGE. IF STORAGE IS AN ISSUE, THE CAR CAN STAY WITH ME IN MY HEATED GARAGE AS LONG AS NEEDED ONCE PAID FOR. I WILL ASSIST IN SHIPPING IN ANY WAY I CAN, BUT COST IS BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY.

PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU LIKE. GOOD LUCK, BRENT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...214921&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

normal_Picture_1%7E2.png

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
1979 Buick Century Wagon
Date: 2009-10-13, 2:37PM

1979 Buick Century Wagon. 99.*** miles original miles. Automatic. needs brake line. little rust around the edges. nice old car. v8
email me at [email protected]
or call 440-623-2360 leave message

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ctd/1419758925.html

3ka3me3p75Of5S25R99ad42246305e7c81e0c.jpg

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
Classic Buick Wagon
Date: 2009-10-14, 8:05AM

1979 Buick Century Wagon. 96k original miles on original v-6 engine. New tires, battery. This car is in incredible condition. It has no rust and good glass. It averages 21-23mpg highway and 19 city. The interior is in great shape, no tears in the seats, and the headliner is intact. It also has a current PA inspection.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://williamsport.craigslist.org/cto/1420734078.html

3n03o43ld5O65Ta5S89aeb19bdf3d13b91524.jpg

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
80 Buick Century Wagon
Date: 2009-11-06, 1:24PM

nice little 80 Buick Wagon. has v-6 motor that ruins. body in great shape. bought it to make project drag car out of.
these make great little hot rods w/ chevy motors. selling for what i got in it. make offer
best to call instead of email
Darren H @ 765 729 0269

Original URL: http://muncie.craigslist.org/cto/1454269243.html

3k03p73l95Qf5S45R99b64151d99d96a712e1.jpg

Wants_a_wagon

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
Sweet goodness above! Just Buy an ElCo

1980 buick custom :puke:
Date: 2009-10-17, 12:28PM

1980 buick century estate wagon
231 v6
automatic
lowerd 4 inch in front and 6 inch in rear
859-402-3629 or 502-570-3972

Original URL: http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/1425561756.html

3n63m13oe5O65Q85Rf9ah4b8af7e2f3251438.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor