Attachments

• IMG00252-20120920-0728.jpg
    IMG00252-20120920-0728.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 1,061

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you'd have to take the column apart to replace the broken parts. I think it'd be easier to replace the whole column

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
One of the main reasons I am replacing my column with an aftermarket column with nothing but a turn signal lever on it 8)

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
i had a monte that didnt have the tilt option and lost the key so i busted it up and there a bit harder i noticed, the ones with tilt though, gone in 60 seconds :mrgreen:

why i didnt just replace the ignition is because it was pretty much my first car and i was a jackass lol

bigdawg

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2011
where do you get the aftermarket column ritter? i have a column lock but you can still steal it, my friend showed me how and is a professional car thief, so i am super paranoid about my car just off the stories he has told me believe me you would be too. i cant take my car anywhere without it sitting in the back of my mind, i dont even take it to school cause my campus is in downtown detroit lol

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
They don't look anything like a factory column, but I will be using like a vintage style column. You can get them thru SummitRacing or any other aftermarket company.

I would suggest that you add a hidden electrical safety feature ... like a switch to kill your coil power :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor