Have Three (Or More) Keys To Your G-body? I Got A Fix For That.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I recoded some door/trunk/glovebox lock for a guy with a 442 today.

Just thought I'd share. Not going to say who or where, because you ain't going to steal his car, but we bantered around some custom cut codes for him and found out this is an actual cut code applicable to his car year. Can you guess what cut code it is?

Recoded Key.jpg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I recoded some door/trunk/glovebox lock for a guy with a 442 today.

Just thought I'd share. Not going to say who or where, because you ain't going to steal his car, but we bantered around some custom cut codes for him and found out this is an actual cut code applicable to his car year. Can you guess what cut code it is?

View attachment 235470
My.guess would be a4 b4 c2 d4 e4 f2?

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I need a few sets of locks, can you rekey doors and trunk locks to the glove box lock if I don't have the key?
I need two sets for 1983, one set for 1984 and one set for 1987.
Yep. I can key match all the locks without the key. I can make new keys to go with the locks as well.

Pricing will really depends on whether you supply the locks, key blanks, and how many parts needing replaced. Minimally will likely have to replace the bright lock caps when messing with tumblers. No way around it.

PM me with your needs and we can go from there.

Reactions: 2 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Got my keys and locks back a few days ago :banana:

69hurstolds cut a fresh set of GM keys, and wouldn't you know, the passenger door wouldn't turn and the trunk lock was sticky (as in wouldn't spring back when turned)

On his suggestion I sent out the locks for examination. Good thing because the locks were pretty gummed up (passenger door lock especially). He had to soak the tumblers in a lemon juice/salt bath to get them clean. He also installed new stainless caps. They turned out fantastic!

If you have worn keys or gummy locks, this is the ticket. Thanks again brother!

20240402_110913 - Copy.jpg

20240402_110956 - Copy.jpg

Hutch

Reactions: 4 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
NP. Glad they came out to your satisfaction. Your locks were full of gunk and the rest of the linkages too on the door locks. That lemon juice concoction cleans up all that stuff without hurting the lock components at all. Rinse and blow dry and boom, back in business.

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor