CAN THIS BE FIXED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodykeise

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2013
OK PULLED MY RAGTOP OFF LAST NIGHT BECAUSE IT WAS OUTTA THERE AND I FOUND THIS UNDER IT .. SMH WHAT AM I TO
DO??? CAN IT BE FIXED YALL??

Attachments

• 20131114_074536.jpg
    20131114_074536.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 811

gbodykeise

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2013
Haha yeah u right

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
You may be better off finding a better shape car. That rust damage looks very extensive. That area is where the roof is welded to the rear quarter pannels, hardtops had lead put over the seam, vinyl tops just had seam sealer. It seems quite often the seam sealer fails, leaving the weld seams exposed to rust. Welds rust faster than the base metal.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
'can it be fixed' is a different question than should it be. If you're paying insurance / registration on it the answer could easily be no. If it's sitting in the garage not bothering anyone and you have the $ you can easily fix it though... Make sure the repair is done once done right you don't want to run into a problem during an inspection (if your state has a tough one)

LS1GN

G-Body Guru
Aug 7, 2011
Central Florida
pontiacgp said:
what is the rest of the car like?

I agree - is the other side similar? Rear quarters? Frame rails?

If this is the only significant rust on the car then weld in new steel.

gbodykeise

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2013
Its ok not the best shape car..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
Well let's see it I'm sure you didn't remove that vinyl top for nothing - can't wait to tear mine off. Worst case scenario if your weld job comes out bad you could always opt for a new top to cover up the scars

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor