Carb to fuel injection

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
After hearing about the struggles a guy on another forum had with the Edelbrock Proflow system I'd stay away from that for sure. It's dumbed down to the point it doesn't have enough adjustability.
I plan on giving it a shot someday anyway with either my current ZZ4 crate engine or after a blueprint 383 stroker is shoe horned in, i prefer multiport fuel injection over a throttlebody type fuel injection, of which i like call... a glorified carburetor.

RD no offense.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I plan on giving it a shot someday anyway with either my current ZZ4 crate engine or after a blueprint 383 stroker is shoe horned in, i prefer multiport fuel injection over a throttlebody type fuel injection, of which i like call... a glorified carburetor.

View attachment 239294

His was a 4 barrel TBI setup. Don't buy into the whole self tuning thing. That's mostly just VE that it learns. There's plenty of other stuff to screw up in a tune.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Another issue with aftermarket EFI is that most of them lack knock sensors. Knock sensors are a major tuning aid and the lack of one really handicaps a computer engine management system.

Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
For sure... to prevent this from ever happening.

knock knock.jpg

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Another issue with aftermarket EFI is that most of them lack knock sensors. Knock sensors are a major tuning aid and the lack of one really handicaps a computer engine management system.

A knock sensor is only as good as the software supporting it. It can save you from a bad tank of gas, but the truly correct way to determine what the engine wants is to put it on the Dyno.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
All of the "bolt on" throttle body injection set ups (Sniper, FiTech, MSD Atomic) seem to have their own issues. The Holley Terminator Stealth seems be the most reliable. The others with the ecu mounted in the throttle body seem to be the ones with issues from what I have seen watching some of the efi groups.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor