Chevy 350 Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Depends on what you want really. If you are looking for a 300hp 350 then you could check out GM's line of crate engines. They have a couple that are close to that hp and about 2k dollars. If you want something more than that then you can get into some serious cash really quick.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Looks great to me. My friend has that exact same engine in his monte carlo. What most people miss and is another bonus is that this engine is NEW not a reman or rebuilt. So when you wear it out there is still another rebuild or two left to go on it. Another thing you can do which I wouldn't until the warranty expires or you just dont care about the warranty is replace the camshaft with a more performance oriented one. The heads on those are also complete sh*t for performance so say down the road a couple years from now you wanted a power boost buy some vortecs at the junk yard and throw a mild cam in it and you can bump that 260 to 300hp. Anyway it is a great engine and I would not hesitate buying it if it meets your needs. Also call about the warranty. I believe the warranty is only valid if installed and broken in by a mechanic. May just be hearsay but it is worth looking into.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
CHRIS.O said:
Looks great to me. My friend has that exact same engine in his monte carlo. What most people miss and is another bonus is that this engine is NEW not a reman or rebuilt. So when you wear it out there is still another rebuild or two left to go on it. Another thing you can do which I wouldn't until the warranty expires or you just dont care about the warranty is replace the camshaft with a more performance oriented one. The heads on those are also complete sh*t for performance so say down the road a couple years from now you wanted a power boost buy some vortecs at the junk yard and throw a mild cam in it and you can bump that 260 to 300hp. Anyway it is a great engine and I would not hesitate buying it if it meets your needs. Also call about the warranty. I believe the warranty is only valid if installed and broken in by a mechanic. May just be hearsay but it is worth looking into.
Awesome, thanks a lot! I have a set of brand new vortecs now that are on my rebuild that went to sh*t, so ill put them aside till the warranty expires like you said. I will probably be buying that soon then, too bad summers over now!

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Well like I said call and ask gm about the specifics of the warranty. I am pretty sure my buddy told me he had to have it installed at a dealer for the warranty to be honored. He may have been told wrong and I have never looked into it so check it out for yourself. They do alright in a gbody. I do not know what his monte runs, I don't think he ever took it to the track but he has a holley street dominator for the intake, an edelbrock 600cfm carb and a set of headers with true duals, no cats. It isn't a power house but it runs out ok. My lt1 firebird is in the 13's. I have raced him several times and I would guess he is probably high 14's.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
They just have to be installed by an ASE certified technician 8)

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
for those who have bought a crate engine, would the engine fit in the back of a dodge caravan or something similar? I dont have a pickup and that seems to be my only choice.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
I put my assembled 350 on an engine cradle in the back of my jeep cherokee. Getting it in there was a huge pain in the *ss but once it was in it fit alright. Can ya get it delivered to your house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor