Chevy 350 Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
Finally I got my 350 short block, and I am feeling pretty good. Its a 1970 block with the stock bottom end. New seals, bearings and such. I got it for 300 bucks so not a bad deal and I am very happy with what I have seen so far. I plan on getting a new cam in there and putting the finished product in my 81 Monte this summer. I was just so exited i had to share! I get the new heads and intake on Tuesday ill post pics then :D
engineshortblock2.jpg
engineshortblock3.jpg
Engineshortblock.jpg

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Damn looking good bro can't beat that price either. You gonna be building it yourself? What kinda HP you shooting for?

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
Damn looking good bro can't beat that price either. You gonna be building it yourself? What kinda HP you shooting for?
I know right! yes I will be building it, its my first engine build ever, with new heads, intake, carb and cam I am shooting for 300-325 HP.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Yea with all those new parts and a good exhaust system I think you will get to 325 with no prob

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
Bowiemontecarlo86 said:
Yea with all those new parts and a good exhaust system I think you will get to 325 with no prob
awesome, thanks for the interest! I love sharing my future plans haha

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
What is your combo gonna be? Heads, cam, etc. Or are ya still planning?

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
CHRIS.O said:
What is your combo gonna be? Heads, cam, etc. Or are ya still planning?
Heads are RHS pro torker vortecs, intake is edelbrock performer vortec and for the cam im looking into getting a comp cams 12-242-2.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Shouldn't have any problem hitting 325hp. I bet it will be more than that. 350-375. Get your compression up to 9-9.5 and I bet you would make 350 with a butt load of torque. That cam provides a relatively flat torque curve as well. So a good street motor it will be.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
CHRIS.O said:
Shouldn't have any problem hitting 325hp. I bet it will be more than that. 350-375. Get your compression up to 9-9.5 and I bet you would make 350 with a butt load of torque. That cam provides a relatively flat torque curve as well. So a good street motor it will be.
what kinds of things will allow me to achieve that comp. ratio? like what can i do to make sure i get that
and that makes me really happy, the more hp the better right? :rofl:

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
What size combustion chamber do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor