electric fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
ok im going to put elec fans in the buick. my understanding is our rad core is 26x17? anyways what fans are you guys running. no Mark VIII to be had here so im going aftermarket with warranty haha. anyways how much cfm is enough, dual single etc? lets see those setups gentlemen.

was kind of looking at these; http://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-a-lite/400/4 ... Id=1017697 but they are 26 1/4" and pricy but i d rather pay than overheat. anyways opinions please

Note: i still an running the standard copper radiator i believe dual core? its the largest capity stock style rad. would it be worth while running a setup like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-198 ... 2eb660829e

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az
i have two 12" proform pushing out 1200cfm each on my campion 2row radiator and i live in az never overheats and im running a 340+hp motor!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 976
  • 655.jpg
    655.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 954

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
laman1982 said:
i have two 12" proform pushing out 1200cfm each on my campion 2row radiator and i live in az never overheats and im running a 340+hp motor!

Now that's what I'm talking about. Kind good. Where did you purchase from? How much did it run if you don't mind me asking?

Where did you get the top plate hold down?

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
The first ebay item you listed with quality aluminum radiator and two name brand fans sounds like a deal and would work well. I have two 13.5" flexlites mounted diagonal that came in a shroud for a pickup truck. 5600cfm total. If you buy separate fans to mount to your radiator you should be able to do a 14" & a 12" fan and mount them diagonal. I have seen that done in a gbody. The fans work the best by far mounted as pullers. Coolant flows across the radiator horizontally so you get more benefit mounting your fans diagonal because your are cooling more rows of coolant instead of just the center. Also put your biggest fan to the top and closest to the inlet. Don't forget you need a 40 amp fuse a good clean ground and a good alternator & battery as they draw lots of juice.

laman1982

Apprentice
Mar 16, 2011
phoenix az

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

Joltcola

Apprentice
May 16, 2011
Detroit, MI
dogshit said:
If you buy separate fans to mount to your radiator you should be able to do a 14" & a 12" fan and mount them diagonal. I have seen that done in a gbody. The fans work the best by far mounted as pullers. Coolant flows across the radiator horizontally so you get more benefit mounting your fans diagonal because your are cooling more rows of coolant instead of just the center. Also put your biggest fan to the top and closest to the inlet. Don't forget you need a 40 amp fuse a good clean ground and a good alternator & battery as they draw lots of juice.

Stupid question :cry: .... but to mount the fans diagonally...is this an easy installment or are brackets and parts going to be needed/bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor