Engine Bay Clean Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliCuttie

Apprentice
Jun 10, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Hey G-Body peeps,
I have a stock Olds 307 V8 in my '86 Cutlass Salon that I would like to clean up a bit...namely all those damned smog hoses!! Oh yeah and the AC/Heater box has to go too. I live in San Francisco, doesn't really get hot or cold in this part of the country. Mostly what I wanna do is make the engine bay look clean and free of clutter while at the same time maybe squeezing what little juice I can from the vacuum hoses getting plugged and removed. The previous owner already pulled out the computer among other things so I am not gonna worry about proper smog protocol, I'm going free for all!
Oh yeah and any articles on engine dress-up is greatly appreciated too! I was thinking chrome....of course haha
Please don't tell me to swap engines. I don't really feel like spending the money cuz I'm saving up for another classic at the moment as well. I just can't get myself to sacrifice my G-Body for it :mrgreen:

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX

86buick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2010
stafford ct
if your keeping the 307. you need a vac advance dist if the computer been removed. and i think you may need to wire up the tcc to a relay so you get o/d, i could be wrong on the tcc

CaliCuttie

Apprentice
Jun 10, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Blake442 said:
With California's strict emission laws, I wouldn't touch any of that stuff, or else you may not be able to pass inspection or register the car...
No worries, we have our ways over here. Matter of fact I bought the car with the computer already yanked out, no cats, aftermarket air cleaner, and some of the vacuum hoses already removed (but not plugged *facepalm*). I have some friends who have smog year muscle cars that can refer me to people. Where there's a will there's a way ;)

thedoctorisin

Greasemonkey
Nov 25, 2009
East Bay Area, S.F. Ca.
Yo I noticed your in the the bay area, i got a 79 and i know a couple guy in the area that are gbody nuts. post me a message if you ever want to connect, bounce some ideas around. check my cardomain at cardomain.com/id/WrightLimousine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor