engine rebuild kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm possibly looking to rebuild my all original 4.3 in my monte since its starting to burn oil. I was on the fence about swapping a 305 and putting my TBI top on it but still not sure.

I'm wondering does anyone recommend a certain brand that they used for the engine rebuild kits? just looking to put it back to stock form

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
Get a head set from felpro, then you'll need crank and cam bearings and an oil pan gasket. Plus a rear main seal and some other little things that you break. Usually if you have the crank ground theyll give you bearings with it. When you send thie heads in like you should they'll do valve stems and seals with a valve job.
The head set usually comes with your top end gaskets and your head stuff. You should also send the block in to be cleaned and checked were they can put in cam bearings and all new plugs and usually can get rings for you that they measure for you.

If your burning alot of oil you'll wanna do new rings and thie valve job for sure. Usually I'll put in a new oil pump as well. A new timing set would be good too.

If your gunna do a swap don't do a 305.

beenen

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
alright got ya thanks.

why would you go against the 305? I mean I'm not looking for power or anything

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
Well if your not looking for power then IDE just keep the 4.3 it would be to much work for nothing much more.

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
You can pick up an engine kit from Northern Auto Parts for a good deal, they usually come with Sealed Power bearings and Victor Reinz gaskets. I've used them and haven't had any problems, when ordering you can always upgrade to Clevite bearings for a fair price too.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Dito Bigtmoney - Check out Northern Auto Parts - I have used them for years, hi-po or stock, best price in town. Sign up for thier catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor