GBOTM Enter Now!!!! December '23 Gbody of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
OK guys, let's start with an apology, followed by a topic announcement, and, we'll just open up nominations thread here as well all rolled into one.

Had a cardiac episode, that left me mostly out of pocket and I missed my targeted theme announcement. So, no excuses, and I'll catch up to some PMs as well, but it is what it is. *crossing fingers things will settle down on that front*

Now, the official December theme.... Its the holiday aka gift-giving season.... And.... Our g-bodies are the gifts that keep on giving - enjoyment, smiles per mile, and of course, never-ending repairs and upgrades through the years.

So for December, let's celebrate our cars as the gifts that keep on giving. With your entry, capped at a MAXIMUM of THREE photos - exterior, engine, and interior, one of each only, please include a description of HOW your gbody has been the gift that keeps on giving. Your choice to focus on the long-term ownership, or, the long list of work you've done, it's up to you. (bonus points if you have harvest or holiday decorations incorporated)

I'm opening this one up early because the holiday and travel may impact the ability for you guys to stage photos and get a write-up posted.

Also, remember, your ability to enter (and win) is limited to each car only being eligible once per year. Guys with more than one car CAN enter and CAN with more than once, as long as it's a different car.

So let's GO!!!! We've got a bunch of long term owners and projects on here with great stories and rides, so, I hope to see you entered!

Reactions: 7 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
The way mine has been the gift that keeps on giving is having to constantly work on it, which while a huge pain has allowed me to spend a ton of time with buddies. My one buddy became one when he wanted to do all the original work I did cause he is a huge g body guy, we became close from that. He has since helped me start the Blazer project since he is also very good with LS's. It also got me to introduce different buddies to each other when putting the new motor into the car, one of my other buddies I met from having GTO's together. He is also very well versed in both older cars and LS's which makes me lucky, have been hanging out with him more since he wanted to get involved with the motor rebuild and is now at his shop for the transmission drop. Also have a buddy who is a great mechanic help put the motor in which has got him to come out some more cause I hadn't seen him for a while but got him out to the last car show of the year. Next year we are going to get much more than the 200 miles on his Scat Pack. So in closing, I can thank my car for having some of the greatest guys you can meet (which I will be very thankful for tomorrow while devouring a bunch of mashed taters and stuffing)
20200718_233614.jpg
20200528_194953.jpg
20230924_084945.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Can you remind me what color the engine is again?
Smurf's Blood.

First you catch fresh smurf.

Then grind in mortar and pestle.

Then paint liberally, finally topping with a coat of clear.

Be careful, until it's cleared it's very corrosive, often leads to rusty drive pulleys on an otherwise fresh looking engine.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

FadedGbody

n00b
Aug 27, 2023
This is Shannon. She is my 1985 Cutlass Supreme. And she is the definition of the gift that keeps giving.

I picked her up from the depths of despair for a song; 3,800…… I should’ve known.

I’ll let Shannon say it in her own words:

Upon DRIVING me home I started smoking….. No I wasn’t overheating, I was drooling. Oil from anywhere I could. But I held strong on the 30 minute drive home.

Then I got tired. I didn’t start the next day. So with no oil and no where to even begin with wondering I was taken in where I had the valve cover seals replaced. Full tune up. Just to establish a baseline.

Finally I’m on the road……. Ticking like a faulty pace maker in a clock factory. Whilst I’m rolling smoke like a steam boat. I made it two city blocks.

Back to the little shop of horrors I go. They hoist me in the air and find that my oil pan needs seals replaced….. oil pressure sensor decided to go AWOL and a host of other infuriatingly minuscule issues that get fixed.

Finally I’m on the road…… days of glorious sun filled exploration. I’ve made a furry companion. He loves the low ride and comfy seats on his old bones…… then I got tired again.

Alright. Enough from her narcoleptic *ss.

She’s currently needing a new alternator and battery. Headliner (going starry ceiling). And for some god awful reason there is a spark plug in a vacuum line. 🤦🏾‍♂️

She’s a giver.
Giving me: headaches and more reasons to punch the air daily
the old man pooch: …. smiles.
😅😅😤😤
IMG_1555.jpeg
IMG_1591.jpeg
IMG_1874.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Alright guys, c'mon, enter up. We need to get the entires and have a vote!

I know turkey day set us back some as everyone was busy, but, this month is open to just about everybody!

Zeus785

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2018
My gift to the public

1701359679446.png

1701359364841.png
1701359540909.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor