F41 and aftermarket bracing diagrams (MORE pics added)

Stg1Regal

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2008
Where can one get those firewall to core support braces?

I am acumulating what I need for chassis stiffening....
I already have..

The "GP" crass brace
The "Jounce" braces.. (both already mounted on my Regal)
Billet Tie Rod Sleeves..on the car
A Old Bed frame rail, cut down and drilled and painted, for frame horn braces front and rear, "L" shaped , I hope its strong enough.
The Front "X" radiator Braces

Need to get...
Fender to Core support braces (I am looking at these a friend of mine designed)
http://gnsperformance.com/bracepage.html
Firewall to core support braces
Rear Seat "X" braces
rear trailing arms triangulation braces
Lower trailing arm, front mount stiffening braces
Poly GNX body mounts

Whew :lol:

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Stg1Regal said:
Where can one get those firewall to core support braces?

Need to get...
Fender to Core support braces (I am looking at these a friend of mine designed)
http://gnsperformance.com/bracepage.html
Firewall to core support braces
Rear Seat "X" braces
rear trailing arms triangulation braces
Lower trailing arm, front mount stiffening braces
Poly GNX body mounts

Whew :lol:

I happened to stumble across a set of the f/w to core support braces at on boneyard from a 78 monte, and the fender to core braces from a 79-80 grand prix @ another yard... hope to go back weened after next to get jounce bars , g/p cross bar
radiator cross brace, and rear seat bars... found a bunch of a/g bodies there, all while looking for parts for my buddies 84 caprice I'm workin on.... If I come across a few extras, I'll let ya know! :wink:

Stg1Regal

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2008
1evilregal

Hey thanks... if you do come across extras, I'd be interested.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I gave up on the gp bar and here is what I did for my wagon
DSCN0886.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
A few opinions here:

Don't lose sleep over the core to firewall brace (78-79-80 Monte).

Keep in mind as each brace is added the effect is less and less. Adding the jounce bars on my wagon made a huge difference in the car, adding the GP helped also to a lesser extent. It's not that the GP bar does not work as well, but the jounce bars were already doing a good job vs nothing.

I am sure if the GP was installed first, I would say the jounce bars had a lesser effect.

So the more you add, the lesser the return, so if you don't run across the firewall brace, don't sweat it.

To me that rad to fender brace is overkill. There comes a point where more is not better. It is a good looking piece but I don't see the need.

Heck Fbodys had brace that were more or less a bent piece of angle iron.

On the other hand I like what Slickwagon did. A low cost, creative version of the bar Marcus sells.

Like above if you add the braces they will make a huge improvement say 90%, adding bigger/thicker braces will improve more but it's not going to be as drastic as adding the stock bars.

Unless you are going to compete with the car and need every .001 on the road course, stick with stock stuff.

What are you refering to when you say "lower trailing arm,front mount stiffening braces" ?

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
There are few different designs of them floating around.

I would suggest getting the bolt in ones. Again there are atleast 4 versions of those availible.

They tie the UCA and LCA mounts together, supporting both by triangulating them.

Don't know how much power you plan on making but the bolt-ins are doing just fine behind a 630hp motor in a car that leaves wheels up. :mrgreen:

Also they ,to me , are a one or the other deal. Using both bolt-in and weld-in are overkill until serious Hp and then you will be doing cage work anyway.

Stg1Regal

Greasemonkey
Aug 27, 2008
shotgun

I dont think it will leave wheels up any time soon, even with my Stg1 Buick 455 in it, even tho I drag race it.

I really am try to gather everything to go the Pro-Touring route, stiffen up the chassis, less flex, better handling.

Not going to be a major contender in auto-x, but a good solid one if I do compete regularly.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Stg1Regal said:
I really am try to gather everything to go the Pro-Touring route, stiffen up the chassis, less flex, better handling.

Not going to be a major contender in auto-x, but a good solid one if I do compete regularly.

If you're looking at bracing for a corner carver, remember these cars oversteer. That means more weight is being pushed to the outside rear in a corner. To offset that you would need a larger front sway bar. But the effectiveness of that sway bar is related to the frame's stiffness. I would have to believe all the front and middle bracings would do well for your application. Boxing in the rear however isn't a good idea (it is a very good idea if you were to take it to the drag however). In fact, the best way to improve the handling would be tighten up the front at all possible and leave the rear loosey-goosey, it would help even to have a smaller custom .5-.75" rear sway bar made (i think the stock rear bar is .75").

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor